Post a response for ALL of topics below:
1) Why do only 40% of Americans take part in the political process OR VOTE? Will love to hear your comments.
2) If we are the leading figure on Democracy in the world, why do so many Americans distrust our Political Process? Will love to hear your comments.
3-Compare and contrast the priorities of the Federalists and Antifederalists for the design of the new Constitution. Although the Federalists argued for a stronger central government (and in many ways, they got one), the Antifederalists won important battles, such as the adoption of the Bill of Rights and the retention of power in the states. What does the debate between Federalists and Antifederalists tell us about American politics in the late eighteenth century? In what ways are the values and concerns of these two groups similar to or different from today's political debates?
4- Combating terrorism has entailed restrictions on civil liberties. How can we reconcile civil liberty and national security? Are we better off opting for more liberty or more security? Are the two goals mutually exclusive? Have Americans become less supportive of the limitations on liberty put into place after the terror attacks in 2001, or do they still perceive that it makes sense to give up some liberties in order to feel more secure?
US Constitution Questions
Chapter 2- US Constitution.
1) Did the Constitution provide us with a Strong Central Government in DC? or did it provide us with a Dictatorship style. E.g., D.C. now controlling Education (No Child Left Behind) I will love to hear your comments.
2) Are we still a free country under the Constitution (Bill of Rights) or has our government taken away our rights? E.g. Patriot Act?
3) Would the Foundering Fathers be happy with the way the Constitution is interpreted today?
4) In light of the recent NSA spying on Americans. Do you believe that government has a right to do so or is Security more important than our constitutional right? I will love to hear your comments.
Each response must be at least 200 words
- 18 days ago