Review Business Ethics Flashpoint 8.1: Creator/Consumer Balance. This section of the text portrays negative actions by pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, but there have also been positive examples during the COVID-19 pandemic as companies set aside competitive interests to provide testing, equipment, and research in a more collaborative manner.
In your discussion, respond to these questions posed in Flashpoint 8.1:
- How should a for-profit corporation balance its business needs with the needs of its customers?
- Lives depend on products created by some companies. Do these companies have a greater responsibility to work towards benefitting the consumer more than themselves?
- Look at the issue from a Biblical worldview. How would you respond if you were running such a company?
Your thread must explain how you achieve the creator/consumer balance, considering, e.g.,:
- Profit and return on investment for company owners/shareholders
- Continuing existence of the company
- Protecting the intellectual property of the company
- Needs of patients, practitioners, and society
- See the Read: The CEOs of Nearly 200 Companies Just Said Shareholder Value is No Longer Their Main Objective
- Biblical support and guidance for your positions
- Any other legal and ethical concepts you believe may be relevant
1000 words atleast 3 peer reviewed sources APA
- 11 days ago
- need help with my budism powerpoint presentation.
- ATTN: PHYLLIS COOPER
- Final Project is a 6-10 page paper (not including title page and references). Follow APA format using 3 articles from...
- Intermediate Accounting Homework
- WEEK 5 QUESTIONS
- See below
- Which of the following is NOT a function of the International Monetary Fund
- can i have CSMA/CA implemented in matlab with graphs ?
- NOT RATED
Intellectual property (IP) is a significant asset for most companies. Patented products and processes often enable the company’s very existence. IP must be managed and protected in line with the …4 days ago