From the investigations of Freud during the late 1900's until the present time, a number of personality theorists have (1) made controlled observations of human behavior and (2) speculated on the meaning of those observations. Differences in the theories these theorists produced are due to more than differences in terminology. They stem from differences on basic issues concerning the nature of humanity. Over the course of the term we will explore how the balance between introspection and empirical study will continue to help us (humanity) build our understanding of personality. In addition to the historical perspective, research issues, and nature of methods in scientific investigations of personality introduced by Allen (2016), other readings addressed additional topics such as methods of assessment.
1. Main Entry: Start a new thread, and update the topic title, identifying the post as uniquely yours (e.g., Joes thoughts on …; Research gone wild…). Within the body of your post, clearly identify each segment of the required response in order to facilitate discussion development.
a. Explain ways in which personality is studied as explained by Allen (2016).
b. Compare and contrast objective and projective tests of personality. In your opinion, which tests are more useful for a personality psychologist? What limitations are suggested by Watson (2014) around the use of self-report measures in your UMGC module?
c. Discuss any point in your readings that captured your interest. Explain.
2. Post Constructive Peer Feedback: In addition to posting your Main Entry, respond to at least TWO (2) of your classmates' entries. In four (4) or more sentences, provide constructive feedback. Do you agree with the points presented? Why? Do you have some additional thoughts to share? Share them. When providing your feedback present the logic behind it.
Main post due Saturday by 11:59PM, Peer responses due Tuesday by 11:59PM.
- 13 days ago
- Organizational Behavior - Whole Foods Case Study*****A++ Rated Tutorial Already***** Use as a Guide Paper*****
- Quick Essay
- Evaluate the spread of christianity in the roman empire and beyond. What groups were drawn to this new religion? What was the role of missionaries (particular paul) in its spread? In what ways did the empire either inhibit or facilitate the sp
- Write 13 complete sentences to justify your opinions/reactions
- nurs 6531 wk 8 application
- A+ Answers
- For Brainy Brian