Deliverable 7 - Constructing a Sustainable Energy Plankkeri22
Describe the atmosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere, geosphere and how they interact.Analyze the root causes, effects, and solutions of environmental problems.Determine how the environment and economies are interconnected.Analyze the importance of water and soil in the production and distribution of food.Evaluate the relationship between energy use, waste, and pollution and their impacts to the environment.Apply stewardship and sustainability solutions to environmental issues.
The community of Greenburg is located near sea level at the base of a snow-capped mountain, on a secluded ocean inlet, surrounded by rugged, forested land. The only access to the city is by ferry or plane; no roads connect it to other communities in the region. Winters are wet, mild, and long. The city serves as the capital for the state of Newbridge. As such, government agencies are its leading employer, though tourism is also a major source of income, followed by commercial fishing. The city is renowned for its scenic beauty; tall mountains capped by glaciers can be seen from downtown.
- Population: 32,000
- Avg. High Temp (Dec): 34oF
- Avg. High Temp (June): 62oF
- Annual Precipitation: 62 in.
- Urban Area: 15 sq. mi.
- Main Power Source: natural gas
Construct a plan for sustainable energy for the hypothetical city of Greenburg. Your plan should consist of the following elements:
- Specific measures to promote energy conservation measures (e.g., promoting biking by implementing a bicycle sharing program)
- Specific steps to move the city toward sustainable energy production (e.g., solar facilities/greenhouses/community food production)
- Consider actions that involve switching from traditional (non-renewable) energy sources to renewable sources, for both vehicles and buildings/homes
- Reducing energy will help, but your plan should include a detailed plan that will move the city forward using renewable energy
Please click here for information on Academic Search Complete.Please click here for information on ProQuest Central.Please click here for information on the Science Reference Center.Please click here for information on how to use the Online Library.
- 10 months ago
- Describe the features created by glacial erosion that you might see in an area where valley glaciers recently existed. Explain how each feature forms.
- I have 1 page assignment
- Dq 1-2
- A short essay about " why this philosophy class bother me"
- Research Paper
- SCREENING FOR THE RIGHT JOB APPLICANT
- CST-111 Week 3 Topic 3 DQ 1
- CST-111 Week 2 Topic 2 DQ 1
- traditional healers Germany
- (Baber makayla Only) Business Plan Edit