CSTU 101 QUIZ 5olufunmilola
- Which country dispersed the Ten Tribes of Israel in 722BC?
- If the early Christians had worshiped Jesus and Caesar, they would have gone unharmed, but they rejected all forms of __________________.
- Old Testament prophet of faith, who preached on abiding trust in the providence of God around 740–700 BC.
- Who was the Latin-speaking Christian who mastered Greek and Hebrew, and produced a translation of the whole Bible known as the Vulgate?
- Who wrote The Wealth of Nations?
- One event not depicted in the catacombs was:
The good Shepard
Moses parting the Red Sea
- This Scripture used by modern Christianity is remarkably consistent. It was written over a period of 1,500 years, by at least ______ different writers and yet remains true to one theme and has a unified viewpoint on both philosophy and facts.
- During the time of Nero, there was the first recorded persecution of Christians that took place after a terrible destruction in the city of Rome in what year?
- In the Sarcophagus of Junius Bassus, which two figures are standing on either side of Jesus?
Peter and Paul
Moses and Elijah
James and John
Peter and John
- His interpretation of history quickly replaced those of classical thinkers and has remained influential to the present day. Lived (354-430).
- What would be a chief mark describing the Roman Empire, even after Constantine.
- Who was the Bishop in (339-397) who successfully challenged and limited imperial authority over the church?
- The rise of Rome caused a shift from the Greek view of the individual as the ultimate reality to one in which reality was the
- Meeting in small groups in private homes, early Christians conducted simple services centered on the____________: the consecrated bread and wine commemorating Christ’s sacrifice on the cross.
- Constantine played an influential role in the proclamation of the _____________, which decreed tolerance for Christianity in the empire.
Edict of Rome
Edict of Constantine
Edict of Milan
Proclamation of Peace
- According to your textbook, what was the basic strength of the Jews? It gave them a will to resist and to survive.
The location of their land
- Early Christian art was more _________ and less materialistic, than Roman art because it was hard to depict topics like the Trinity or Salvation.
- The Torah consists of the first five books of the Bible called the Pentateuch, which is also known as
Books of David
Books of Abraham
Books of Moses
Both a and b
- What word could be used in association with Christian Coptic Art?
- Approximately what year did Constantine declare Christianity a legal religion of Rome?
- The prohibition of graven images separated Judaism from all other religions, which represented their gods in a variety of ways.
- In the early Christian church, when a person became a Christian and accepted baptism, he was welcomed into the Roman Culture because of his strong moral character.
- For centuries the Romans had constructed basilicas that served as meeting halls, mercantile centers, and halls of justice. The basilica was a prototype of the large, dignified structure Christians needed for worship services.
- Life in the later years of the Roman Empire was marked by increasing optimism about the future.
- As we learned in the presentation "Introduction to Rome and Christianity," the National Gallery of Art Museum resembles the Parthenon in Greece.
- By the 5th century the Bishop of Rome was calling himself the Pope (Lat., papa, "father") Christ’s vicar on earth.
- Christianity was not equalitarian and certain restrictions were put on slaves and Greeks.
- The New Testament is silent on the philosophies of the Roman world.
- Pompeii was one of the only provinces of Rome that did not get caught up in all of the sexual representation.
- Paul’s prologue on the Logos has been very beneficial to the growth of Christianity?
- 4 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it