YOUR POWER POINT PRESENTATION SHOULD BE 7-12 SLIDES!
Overview: Unit 8
Using the format provided, create a PowerPoint (or similar) presentation on a grant proposal application
you are tasked with submitting for an Opioid Overdose Response program.
Assume you are working for a 100-member public safety agency (police or fire service) within your
community and that the Opioid Addiction Crisis has resulted in 15 overdose deaths this year. A
$20,000 grant is available through the U.S. Department of Justice, which will allow your agency to
purchase Naloxone (Narcan) nasal spray devices for each member. The devices will allow members to
treat opioid overdose victims at the scene of the incident, potentially saving lives.
Conduct research on the Opioid Addiction Crisis and Naloxone nasal spray devices, including costs,
effectiveness, training requirements, and proper use and application. You must use visual aids to
enhance your presentation, which you will present to administrators in your agency and local elected
officials. Note: You do not have to research the actual grant, as it is notional.
Your power point presentation should have 7-12 slides.
Format. The following format must be used to create your grant proposal presentation:
Executive Summary and Research
• Introduce the Opioid Addiction Crisis problem and Naloxone nasal spray devices
• Provide information on your research into both, including facts and figures
• Describe the purpose and objectives of the program
• Briefly describe how this grant will help the community during this crisis.
Add the cost of public awareness campaign.
Consider employee training costs. You may need to hire overtime to backfill personnel when they are being trained.
Consider administrative costs to administer the program. Do you have to pay someone to manage the financial record-keeping and inventory?
• Describe the program (what you will do, who will do it, and how you will evaluate it)
• Identify key program stakeholders and the impacts you hope the program will achieve
EMH311 – Critical Communication
Course Project: Grant Proposal Presentation
• Provide a basic budget for the program
• Explain any potential impacts on your agency’s budget
• Provide brief concluding remarks on key points of your proposal presentation
• Provide your research references using APA style formatting
Your presentation should have 7-12 slides.
Provides a clear and thorough introduction and background of the problem.
Accurately and concisely describes the need for the program, including purpose and objectives.
Level of detail for program budget is clear and appropriate. Conclusion includes remarks on key points of the proposal.
- 7 days ago
- Engineering Mechanics homework
- apa 3 refs less than 5% plagiarism
- The Answers are on next page
- MGMT 404 Week 3 High Quality,Coffee Shop Scope Statement Devry
- Article Review
- need help
- Bis/221 Emerging Technology Paper
- philosophy essay due soon Assignment 1.2 conflicting views essay
- CIS 499 project capstone part 3
- gun control in the united states