For this assignment, students will read the attached appellant opinion titled United States. V Shanon L. Best (click on link below). The decision was handed down by the U.S. Navy-Marine Corps Court of Crime Appeals in May 2017. The original case involved the general court-martial of a U.S. Navy Master Chief Hospital Corpsman (E-9) for the rape of his underage step-daughter. After reading the court’s decision, students will answer one of the following questions:
- Identify and discuss specific tactics used by the defendant to maintain control of his victim and to ensure her continued silence regarding the ongoing sexual abuse.
- Identify and discuss the grooming process used by the defendant with regard to his victim in this case.
- Discuss the validity of the defendant’s argument that the military judge erred “when he allowed the government’s expert to testify that a thirteen-year-old does not have the capacity to consent to sexual intercourse.” Do you believe a thirteen-year-old has the capacity to consent to sexual intercourse? Justify your answer.
- Student responses should be, at a minimum of 2-2.5 pages (double-spaced and no larger than 12 font) in length.
- This assignment requires a separate cover page. The cover page should contain the student’s name; course number and title; and assignment number.
- Papers should have 1” inch margins with only the student’s name on the top of each page following the cover page.
- 15 days ago
- literature assignments
- Participative Budgeting
- Assignment: Literature Review: The Use of Clinical Systems to Improve Outcomes and Efficiencies
- DW1- Trends in Healthcare Policy (Nursing)
- Introduction to Public Health
- Healthy Competition - Assignment
- help with project
- Qualitative Research Critique and Ethical Considerations