Create Attribute Control Charts Chapter 7ericmutua44
Week 7 Assignment: Textbook Problems:
Create Attribute Control Charts
As a current or future health care administration leader, you will likely engage in creating and presenting attribute control charts for your health services organization. As you have examined in this course, the use of attribute control charts will depend on the specific processes in your health services organization that require monitoring and oversight. Apart from interpreting and understanding the results of control charts for ensuring that processes are in control, developing skills in creating attribute variable control charts is necessary for health care administration practice.
For this Assignment, review the resources for this week that are specific to attribute control charts. You should focus on mimicking the development of p and np charts as demonstrated in the readings for this week.
The Assignment: (3– pages)
· Using SPSS and Microsoft Word, complete problems 1 through 5 on pages 297–299 in the Ross textbook. Show all work. Submit both your SPSS and Word files for grading.
1. A hospital is analyzing nosocomial infections and wants to reduce their infection rate below the national average of 2.0%. They have sampled 40 cases every week for the last 20 weeks. The data are shown below. Create p and np control charts. Interpret the graphs. How is the hospital performing in relation to its stated goal?
1 2 11 3
2 1 12 4
3 1 13 2
4 2 14 3
5 1 15 4
6 1 16 5
7 3 17 3
8 2 18 4
9 1 19 5
10 2 20 6
2. Walter Shewhart ( 1980) presented the following data in his classic Economic Control of Quality of Manufactured Product. Create a p chart for each machine. Does either of the two machines show evidence of special cause variation?
Jan 4 527
Feb 5 610
Mar 5 428
Apr 2 400
May 15 498
Jun 3 500
Jul 3 395
Aug 2 393
Sep 3 625
Oct 13 465
Nov 5 446
Dec 3 510
Average 5.25 483.08
3. From January 1846 through December 1848 Semmelweis ( 1983) recorded births and the number that resulted in the death of the mother at his hospital. The data is available in the Chapter07.xls file, in the Problem07–03 tab. Create a p chart to analyze performance. Interpret the chart. Was the system stable?
4. Postsurgical infections have been reported to affect 2% to 5% of the 16 million patients who undergo surgery in U.S. hospitals. Infections increase the chance of complications and death. Antibiotics given one hour prior to surgery have been shown to reduce the probabil- ity of infection. The director of quality improvement has sampled 20 patients per week over the preceding 25 weeks. The data is available in the Chapter07.xls file in the Problem07–04 tab. The data collected records whether a patient contracted an infection after surgery. Create a p chart to analyze performance. Interpret the hospital’s performance based on your control chart and identify any issues that should be investigated. Assuming the aver- age rate of infection is 3.5%, is the hospital doing a good job?
5. Readmission rates within one year for congestive heart failure have been documented at 35%. A local heart program wants to assess its performance against this standard. The pro- gram has randomly selected ten patients per month over a 24-month period for review. The data is available in the Chapter07.xls file, in the Problem07–05 tab. Some of the patients were deleted from the sample due to death, relocation, or other reasons that preclude follow-up. Create a p chart. Is the process stable? How is the program performing relative to the documented standard? Since not all months have 10 observations, either use 10 as the sample size or use the average sample size to calculate the control limits.
- 3 years ago
- For Prof Billy
- prepare a cause effect Essay
- Management Accounting
- You have been asked to write a report for a group of new stock brokers about the NYSE-Euronext and the NASDAQ. Visit both the NYSE Homepage, and the NASDAQ Homepage, and write a paper of 2–3 pages on how the two exchanges operate. Make sure to address
- Complete a 4 page paper on the philosophy of the U.S. corrections system. How has the philosophy of the U.S. corrections system changed over the years? What effects has the change had? What court cases contributed to the change?
- Assignment 1: Analysis of an International Organization
- Question 8: Durable Goods
- For Natural Science Guru M2D1 Deviant Peer Groups
- strategic management DB1