COUN 515 Quiz 2 (2019)indigo11
IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, OPEN THIS PAGE AGAIN AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
- Rejecting the null hypothesis when the null hypothesis is true is a type one error and not a type two. True or False?
- Inferential statistics help researchers avoid making overgeneralizations based on one experience. True or False?
- A frequency table helps researchers answer how often an event occurs and the frequency at which an event occurs.
- The central limit theorem involves ___________. Answer: The distribution of sample means approaching normality.
- Chapter 13 in the Knight and Tetrault textbook discusses an example wherein a researcher is comparing the Emotional Intelligence of counseling students to the emotional intelligence of students of other majors. The researchers hypothesize that counseling students will have a higher emotional intelligence than students in other majors. Since this specifies a direction (scores on the EI assessment for counseling students will be greater than that of other students), the test is one tailed. True or False?
- It is typically suggested that researchers avoid terms like “prove.” Which is true with respect to this statement?
- A ballroom dancing metaphor can be used to describe the nature of reporting results in terms of the null hypothesis because:
- The difference between population means in terms of standard deviations is called the effect size. True or False?
- The chi-square χ2 goodness-of-fit test is a nonparametric statistical test used for comparing categorical information against what we would expect based on previous knowledge. True or False?
- Synonyms for the null hypothesis include:
- One assumption of nonparametic statistics is the underlying distribution does not need to be normal. True or False?
- A Type II error is represented by “missing the findings” or failing to reject the null hypothesis when the null hypothesis is actually false. True or False?
- The z test is a parametric statistical test that allows us to test the null hypothesis for a single sample when the population variance is known. True or False?
- Nonparametric tests are tests that can be used when population parameters are not needed. True or False?
- The most robust experiments do not have a risk of error. True or False?
- If the population mean and standard deviation is known, the researcher should use a __________.
- A test that can be used with nominal data is _________.
- The likelihood of a type one error is measured by__________.
- Inferential statistics allows researchers to make inferences about a _______based on a _________.
- Regarding “Statistical Power,” the larger the sample size the greater the probability of _______.
- The Wilcoxon ranked sum test, is a nonparametric test. It is similar to the parametric independent samples t-test. According to Jackson, some of the assumptions of the Wilcoxon ranked sum-test include:
- The central limit theorem involves the distribution of sample means approaching normality. True or False.
- The alternative hypothesis (researcher’s hypothesis) represents what the researcher is trying to support. True or False?
- The Researcher’s hypothesis stating that counseling majors have a higher mean emotional intelligence (EI) than other majors in general described above in the format of a formula would be _____________.
- A researcher is developing a study to examine the emotional intelligence between counseling majors and all other students. The researcher hypothesizes that the mean emotional intelligence of counseling majors will be greater than the mean emotional intelligence of all other students. This is an example of a __________________.
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
- 3 years ago
COUN 515 Quiz 2 (2019)
Purchase the answer to view it