Contemporary issues in environmental Geoscience with emphasis on water resourcesEbel12345
1. Three piezometers located 1000m apart, bottomed in the same horizontal aquifer.
Piezometer A is due South of B and C is to the East of line AB.
The surface elevation at ABC is 95, 110, and 130m respectively. The depth of water in A is 5 m, B 30m, and C 35m.
Determine the direction of groundwater flow. Show the triangle ABC.
2. The following field notes were taken at a nest of piezometers a,b,c installed side by side at a single site Piezometer a. b. c.
Elevation at surface (masl) 450 450 450
Depth of piezometer (m) 150 100 50
Depth of water (m) 27 47 30
Let A, B, C refer to the points of measurement of piezometers a, b, c.
a. The hydraulic head at A, B, C in meters.
b. The pressure head at A, B, C in meters.
c. The elevation head at A, B, C in meters.
For Geoscientists and Environmental Scientists with knowledge in Water Resources Management
- a month ago
- I need your help! I don't know what to do. :( THIS IS ABOUT THE TRUMAN SHOW MOVIE!! THESE INCLUDE PURPOSE, TOPIC,...
- LDR 531 Week 3 Quiz Latest Version 2016
- "Using Words Well"
- Testing the Difference Between Two Means." (Note: Please respond to one  of the following two  bulleted items) What two assumptions must be met when you are using the z test to test differences between two means? Can the sample standard deviations
- Candidate Analysis
- Reserved for Prof Josef Woodson
- Criminal Justice/ Case Study Assignment
- Design with UML