Contemporary Cultural Geography of MinnesotaMR94
3-5 pages APA format
Write a "research" paper dealing with some topical (current) aspect of the cultural geography of Minnesota or the British Isles not specifically covered in class (i.e. not Mall of America or Belfast murals). You will need to consult relevant sources including local newspapers, magazines, websites and connect the information found in those sources to theoretical approaches discussed in class and/or in the readings. You might write about an issue or topic concerning landscape, popular culture (including festivals and commemorations), class, gender, sexuality, homeplace, globalization, but you must write about it/them in the context of a specific local place. You may address topics with a broad regional scope but be sure through your analysis to justify how and why your topic is a state-wide one (perhaps related to regional/state tourism or cultural initiatives carried out at the state or local level by government). Don't succumb to overgeneralization.
Your paper must contain at least 5 sources, at least 3 of which should be scholarly articles or books in cultural geography (scholarly articles refers to peer reviewed papers that appear in journals found on sites like Science Direct in the library's article database; D2L readings and the textbook count, though note that the textbook only counts as one source, not each of the chapters). See syllabus for further guidelines.
[General Guidelines for Papers: Papers should be at least 2-and-a-half pages in length (but absolutely no more than 6), excluding any maps, diagrams, field-sketches, photographs, tables, graphs and satellite images (which, by the way, should include numbered captions or labels). Use a double-spaced, 12-point type in a Times New Roman, Garamond, Book Antiqua, or Calibri font and reset the page to 1-inch margins, and 1 inch at the top and bottom. Papers should include your name, a title, in-text citations (see format used in the Crang text), and at the end a list of ‘References’ for materials cited throughout the paper (General APA is preferred). Do not plagiarize and that includes copying and pasting from the internet and use of services to write papers on your behalf—I check for these kinds of things. Plagiarism of any sort (including use of services to write papers on your behalf) will result in a zero for the assignment, with repeated offenses resulting in an F for the entire course. Papers are due by midnight in the D2L Assignment Submission Folder (found under Assessments/Assignments) on the due date specified for that topic. ]
- 2 years ago
- BSHS 465 WEEK 1- SELF AWARENESS VIDEO
- I need help with a school assignment. I need to find a song, movie or picture that represents the feeling of...
- 5) Explain the similarities and difference between stratified sampling and cluster sampling
- find two numbers with a total of 3800 and a difference of 478
- Defining Social Justice
- What is law of superposition?
- How can thinking at the margin help improve profits?
- Stress Management Aim: The aim of stress management is the ability to manage our responses to situations that occur in our lives. stress in fact can be personal and organizational in nature. work related stress appears to be increasing dramaticall
- Write a problem that you could use logical reasoning to solve.