Collaboration and Communication Action Plan[email protected]
Complete a 750-1,000-word action plan and supporting rationale based on the following scenario:
Mark is a Hispanic 8th grade student who has been identified as having an emotional/behavioral disorder, specifically Mood Disorder (Not otherwise specified). Currently, he participates in a general education inclusion classroom. During his annual IEP meeting, the team reviewed recent test scores and determined he qualifies
for the gifted program in the area of ELA only. He will continue to participate in the inclusion classroom for the remainder of his courses. He is very successful in all of his inclusion classes. Mrs. Stone, the gifted teacher, was not able to be present during the IEP meeting. She has never worked with a student who has an IEP before. Mark is the only Hispanic student in the gifted class, which tends to make him uncomfortable. He says the teacher does not include him in the classroom conversations and speaks abruptly to him, but not to the other students.
After one month of Mark being in the gifted class, Mrs. Stone has requested that a paraeducator be present to support Mark. The IEP team determined that this was necessary because in order to meet Mark’s needs. After the paraeducator was assigned, the principal did a walk through observation of the gifted classroom and he noticed that Mark was isolated in a corner and the teacher did not interact with him. In addition, the principal received a phone call from Mark's parents stating Mrs. Stone told Mark, "You do not belong in this class!" Mark no longer wants to be in the class because he does not
The principal has come to you, the special education teacher, for assistance with supporting Mrs. Stone and Mark in being successful. To assist the principal, create an action plan that includes goals and steps for achieving those goals and reporting progress.
Specifically, the action plan should include one over-arching long-term goal and a minimum of four short-term goals related to the following considerations:
- Communication and collaboration between teachers of the student, specifying positives in working with the student in their classrooms, as well as challenges that may arise as a result of the complex human issues that interact with the delivery of special education services.
- Collaborative coaching for the gifted teacher to include research-based instructional strategies and recommendations that acknowledge that diversity is a part of families, cultures, and schools.
- Collaborative coaching and guidance for the paraeductor with the intention of providing support to the gifted teacher and student.
- Evaluating the implementation of the action plan activities and reporting back to
- Communication strategies to use with the student’s parents that demonstrate elements of effective collaboration.
Next, outline detailed action steps related to each identified goal utilizing the “Action Plan Template.”
- 4 years ago
- Quantitative Analysis & Decision Making
- Find the simple english question in the attachment.
- in at least 100 words answer the following
- Homework One (1)
- What happens during meiosis that ultimately results ina defect characterized byt the addition of chromosomes? By the deletion of chromosomes?
- Adding features to PHP address book script
- FOR VIC