Challenging The Reliance of Import EconomyRnieves0411
Challenging The Reliance of Import Economy
Greetings Rossana G Nieves, and BUL2261 Law of International Trade - Virtual College Students:
After watching the video: Michael Shuman on Going Local: Creating Self-Reliant Communities in the Global Age, complete the following critical thinking questions - support your position(s) with cited academic/peer reviewed and credible resources. After answering the questions, respond to at least one other classmate's post with substantive (challenging) information/questions/additional sources.
Answer All Discussion Questions:
- Why have imports?
- Why limit imports?
- How would a city or region that imported less benefit from limiting imports?
- What types of products could be more locally produced? Why? How?
- In what other areas would self-reliance be a good idea? (other "essentials")
- What are local examples of self-reliance or import substitution? (farmers' markets, local fairs with local products)
- Does self-reliance mean no trade?
- In what ways do current laws/regulations make it difficult for businesses to stay local (not export) their labor/resources/businesses? Be Specific.
- 5 days ago