Cesar Chavez Research Annotated BibliographyLyslys4
PURPOSE: The purpose is to gather reliable sources so that you have more than one perspective and a greater wealth of knowledge about your topic. The list of source in APA or MLA gives credit to where you get your information. The summary helps you to form sentences in Spanish and get feedback from your instructor before your presentation and get an idea of how you will dig deeper into explaining the complexities, your own connections, and the overall significance of your topic in English. When you put it IN YOUR OWN words (NO copy and paste), it helps you to process the information and reflect on what is meaningful to you. The lens helps you to see how things can change when you look at one topic from various perspectives. Explain how the perspective on the topic can change when evaluated by someone from a different region (i.e. different Spanish speaking country), gender, race or ethnicity, religion, or social class.
- LIST OF SOURCES: List of sources in alphabetical order (usually by author's last name) in APA or MLA format with at least five (5) professional, scholarly sources that you used in the research of your cultural topic.Since anyone can post and edit Wikipedia, it's not the most reliable source. I want you to only have two (2) websites, preferrably .org, .edu, or .gov. This doesn't mean that you can't use online articles, journals, etc. Those don't count as your two as they are usually printed sources, but just electronic versions. What I don't want is that all five of your sources are created by authors that are not "experts" in the field that aren't required to share more than opinion. While opinion can be valuable and shed light on another perspective, I want you to have some reliable "expert" sources of information as well.
- INFORMATION: (1) Spanish. With the basic background information (Se llama Selena. Es de Tejas. Nació en 1982. Se murió en 1995. Yolanda Saldívar, la directora de los boutiques de Selena, la asesinó.) and/or general information/comments (i.e. En esta foto Selena está con su familia.....Me gusta su vestido.... Su tumba está en Tejas.), you will form simple sentences based on the Spanish you know. If you have to look up a lot of words, then you're not on the right track. Do NOT just translate what you want to say. You need 20 sentences in Spanish for your presentation and for you to remember them and for your classmates to understand them, they need to be based mainly on what you know how to say. I want you to get started on these so that I can help make corrections or give you ideas if you're struggling. I don't want you to wait until the presentation to start working on this. (2) English. For each source, you will IN YOUR OWN WORDS list what you found useful to present your topic. Do NOT copy and paste. You will receive a 0. You must READ your sources and BRIEFLY explain how each one connects to what you wish to present about your topic. You can use bullet points or write out the information, but be sure to use YOUR words. Click on Librarian Live Chat to talk directly with a librarian for help in your research.
- LENS: Not everyone has the same view on your topic. The region in which a person lives, their social class, gender, race or ethnicity, and religion could give them a completely different perspective. You may have a controversial topic where depending on who you talk to, you will get a completely different response. Make sure you address how your topic can be viewed differently through different lenses. This will be in preparation for your English portion of the presentation that will dig deeper and compare and contrast your own culture and value system, and examine issues of cultural differences, societal values and relationships across and in Spanish-speaking cultures. You will need to consider the topic and how it may vary based on different lenses such as race and ethnicity, gender, social class, regional culture, and religion
NOTE: The ISU Library webpage is also linked to the left where you can chat live with a librarian.
- Submit a list in alphabetical order (by last name of author) of five (5) professional, scholarly sources.
- Use MLA or APA format to list your sources. The information should tell me who the author is, when it was published, the title of the work, and the source of the information. I should be able to easily find the source based on the information you give.
- No more than two (2) websites should be listed as your sources and they must be .org, .edu. or .gov. You are allowed to access online journals and articles, but the 2 website limit is to encourage you to search for books, print sources, and more reliable information for at least three of your sources.
- After the listing of each source, provide the Spanish and English portion in YOUR words. This should demonstrate you have READ your sources, formed your ideas, and have made the CONNECTION to what you wish to present about your topic. You can use bullet points or write in paragraph form.
- Provide a lens or two. Think about your topic from different perspectives. Note how things could change or are different based on factors such as race and ethnicity, gender, social class, regional culture and religion.
Bibliography of 5 professional sources (uses APA or MLA throughout, in alphabetical order) /5
Notable information in YOUR words - English /5
Spanish sentences - Basic background information /5
Putting Cultural Depth together /10
Lens Included - English /5
- 3 months ago
- revise my paper
- I need someone who can help me with ACC205 final
- free answer
- Off-Balance Sheet Financing and Bonds - discussion
- NEXT ASSIGNMENT: ACADEMIC ESSAYS PRO ONLY
- GOOGLESCHOLAR: assignment 8b
- FIN 515 Managerial Finance Week 4 Problem Set A+ Complete Answer
- Week 9 Discussion
- Accounting Quiz for best_tutor
- NOT RATED
PURPOSE: The purpose is to gather reliable sources so that you have more than one perspective and a greater wealth of knowledge about your topic. The list of source in APA or MLA gives …3 months ago