You are working a shift at the Emergency Room when a patient comes in after losing lots of blood and bodily fluids from a bad accident. A new healthcare professional, on their first day of the job, thinks it’s a great idea to give the patient pure water (no sugar or salts). Before this transfusion takes place, you immediately tell them to STOP!
Thinking about osmosis and diffusion, why is it BAD to give the patient pure water?
In your answer, state what type of solution the water is relative to your cells, and explain what would happen to your red blood cells (which have salts and sugars) if they were bathed in a solution of pure water.
Attached file below.
- 10 days ago
- Assignment 3: Global Competitiveness and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Assignment 7
- Assignment 2: Income Support Policies
- For Solutions Pro Only: Data Collection
- FIN 622 Special Semester 2016 Quiz
- MAT 410, module 8, Rocky university substance abuse data analysis of proportions
- Ashley claire