Begin Sci Comp5imour33
Please use the sample format as attached mlx file and upload both mlx and pdf. Make sure to sign problems and which part is it.
By hand part you should write by hand and take a picture then insert it in.
- When uploading your work, be sure to choose correct pages, without missing any, for each problem. Besides, make sure all pages are in order, no page is rotated, and none of your code or hand-written work is cut out.
- According to our homework policies, you are allowed to collaborate for homework assignments in a group of up to 5 students. If you did, please list all your collaborators at the top of your homework, below your name.
- Homework must be prepared using a live script (.mlx file). Submission generated using any other means (e.g., Words with MATLAB screenshots) will not be accepted.
- Starting from this assignment, you will be asked to write MATLAB functions. Unlike scripts, functions can be included inside your mlx file at the very end of the document. So you no longer need to write an external m-file and print its content using the type function. For more detailed instruction, please read
Method 1: Using Code Example Environment
Suppose that you have written a function as a separate function m-file, myfoo.m and now you want to include its contents within your homework live script, HW2_Kim.mlx. At the top of MATLAB window, click on Insert > Code Example. It creates a blank box. Any text typed within this box will be formatted in monospaced fonts with syntax highlighting.
- The box is not an executable code block.
- If you make changes to myfoo.m, you need update the code example block accordingly (by copying and pasting).
Method 2: Using TYPE Function
Still suppose that you have a function written as a separate m-file titled myfoo.m. Then you can simply type
within a code block. The contents of myfoo.m will be printed out in your live script.
- We have been using this to print out the contents of external script m-files. This works in the exact same way for function m-files.
- If you forget to run that block after your final edit, your live script will show an outdated version of your function.
- As you complete more and more assignments, your folders will be filled with more m-files and may be difficult to manage unless you are well-organized.
Method 3 (Recommended): Writing Functions at the End of Live Script
Instead of writing a separate m-file, you may just write the function at the very bottom of the document. The functions are local to the live script, and so you are able to call the function anywhere inside the live script. This way, your mlx file is fully self-contained and you no longer need to go back and forth between Editor and Live Editor. See the live script accompanying Lecture 9; all functions defined for the live script are gathered in the last section titled "Functions Used".
This is my recommended method!
The only caveat I can think of:
- Suppose Problem 1(a) asks you to write a function, and so you write it at the end of your live script. You then exports it to a pdf file and find out that Problem 1 solutions are on pp. 1--2, with the function written for 1(a) appearing on p. 7. In this case, when you upload the pdf file to Gradescope, you have to select pages 7, 1, and 2 for Problem 1, in that order.
- 16 days ago
- Summary of a chapter of "The Dead Do Not Improve" by Jay Caspian Kang
- I need discussion questions answers it 150 words per question
- Mister Network Engineer Assignment # 2
- Organizational / Employee Development
- Portfolio management vs Project management.
- Week 2 Lab
- Simplify 7ab x 3b3
- business management help
- 3-Year Marketing Plan for Company G
- Can someone help me