Analyzing free speechwills2979
In the second discussion of this module we will have an in-depth discussion regarding the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and explore its boundaries.
To help you formulate an answer, be sure to review the Exploration for this module and Chapters 4 and 5 of your e-text.
- Consider the following: Students are usually in some agreement with respect to which rights and liberties are the most important to Americans. Free speech, press, religion, assembly, and petition are often mentioned as important rights in our country. Without these rights via the First Amendment, democracy in the United States would be much different. However, do some protections of our rights go too far? Groups that advocate hate and segregation are afforded the same constitutional protections as any other group in the US. That is, groups such as the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) or Aryan Nations or Neo-Nazi groups currently have the same right to free speech as any other group in the country. This is what some refer to as the "Yuck Factor," or more specifically, the idea that we must accept the "yucky" elements of society in order for all of us to enjoy these same rights and liberties. That is, if we want free speech, then these various hate groups also get free speech.
- Please respond to the following questions completely: What are your thoughts with respect to suggestions that the government should control these hate groups when the message they preach is clearly not a benefit to overall society? Should our government have the right to control hate groups and their hurtful messages? Why or why not? Explain your response fully.
respond to 2 peers after.
- 16 days ago
- citation work
- Dennis wright can you help with my assignment?
- HUM 130 Week 7 Checkpoint Monotheistic Religions Elements Matrix Appendix H
- ACC 561 Week 2 Practice Quiz and Assignment for you
- Conflicting HRM Systems DQ
- PSY 450 Week 1 - Individual Cross-Cultural Psychology Paper
- can you please do this?
- QNT 561 w1 dq