Analysis And Explanation Of Those Quotesparamore1ent
You will write one long paragraph for each, with the thesis in the first sentence, at least three supporting ideas, other quotes or references to help analysis and explanation of those quotes, modern contextualization, and a concluding sentence. Each paragraph should be 10 sentences minimum
· The quotes from other.
1. “Quite rightly, we do not normally take the behavior of animals as a model for how we may treat them” (Singer & Mason 773).
2. “A land ethic, then reflects the existence of an ecological conscience, and this in turn reflects a conviction of individual responsibility for the health of the land” (Leopold – The Land Ethic p.124).
3. “With consistency, a great soul has simply nothing to do” (Emerson self reliance p.7).
4. “Yet he does not know what to do with the time he saves, and spends one part of his income to kill the time he is so proud of having saved” (Fromm 331).
5. “It is a peculiar sensation, this double-consciousness, this sense of always looking at one’s self through the eyes of others, of measuring one’s soul by the tape of a world that looks on in amused contempt and pity” (Du Bois – Of Our Spiritual Strings p.2).
· The Quotes from the book: A world of Ideas
1. “Let us finally consider how naïve it is altogether to say: ‘Man ought to be such and such’” (Nietzsche – Morality as Anti-Nature p.350).
2. “It is much safer to be feared than to be loved when one of the two must be lacking” (Machiavelli - The Qualities of The Prince p.227).
3. “If you want to govern the people, you must place yourself below them, if you want to lead the people, you must learn how to follow them” (Lao-tzu Thoughts from the Tao-te Ching p.213-214).
4. “For to be subject to appetite is to be a slave, while to obey the laws laid down by society is to be free” (Rousseau - The Origin of Civil Society p.253).
5. “As I read and contemplated the subject, behold! that very discontentment which Master Hugh had predicted would follow my learning to read had already come, to torment and sting my soul to unutterable anguish” (Douglass – From Narrative of The Life p.334).
I have attached the resources below and also highlight all of the quotes.
- 17 days ago
- Scholarly Activity for Dr. Clover
- UNIT 2 ( ETHICS )
- Macro DQ 2 Law of Demand
- Quick question - Short Answer
- Strategic Behavior Oligopolies Local Market Power
- HCA 415 Community & Public Health Week 4 Assignment Advocating for Public Health Policy
- SBS MLD Technology
- BUS650 Managerial Finance WK 5
- Essay on works of literature. No plagiarism period. 1900 words. MLA Format.
- NOT RATED
You will write one long paragraph for each, with the thesis in the first sentence, at least three supporting ideas, other quotes or references to help analysis and explanation of those quotes, modern …3 years ago