Unit 2.1 DB: Human Services Codes of EthicsBonita86
This is the National Organization for Human Services’ code of ethics for human services professionals.
· Ethical Standards for Human Services Professionals . (2015). National Organization for Human Services.
This is the American Counseling Associations’ code of ethics for counselors Pay particular attention to page 3.
This article discusses the code of ethics as a living document, one that changes as the field evolves. It also notes important considerations during the revising of the American Counseling Associations code of ethics.
· Meyers, L. (2014, May 22). A living document of ethical guidance . Counseling Today.
This is the National Association of Social Workers’ code of ethics. Pay particular attention to section 1.05 under ethical standards, approved in 2008.
· Code of Ethics . (2017). National Association of Social Workers.
This chapter discusses multicultural challenges in service agencies as demographics change in society.
· González, M. J., & Congress, E. P. (2013). Multicultural Perspectives in Social Work Practice with Families . New York: Springer Publishing Company.
This infosheet discusses social media and ethics and provides 10 tips for professional counselors.
· Social Media: 10 Tips for Professional Counselors (n.d.). Counselors Advocate: American Counseling Association.
Infograph on ethical decision making.
· So You Have an Ethical Dilemma? (n.d.). American Counseling Association.
The meaning of human services explains human services workers in NYC and their work serving disadvantaged groups.
A look at the National Association of Social Workers’ code of ethics.