Case Study on U.S. Veterans Affairs and Loss of Privacy Informationbasidurisala
Lab – Case Study on U.S. Veterans Affairs and Loss of Privacy
As cybersecurity manager you are responsible for staying up-to-date with
laws that may affect ABC organization legally. Your CISO has asked you to
create a presentation for the next board meeting where you will present
information about this act and how it could affect your organization which is a
software company which specializes in multimedia applications which can be
downloaded or accessed for a subscription via the web. Create a
PowerPoint® narration (voice) report of at least 10 slides based on your
findings about this law (not including the cover page and reference page). If
you do not own a copy of Microsoft PowerPoint use a comparable slide
software or Google Slides (free and accessible from Google.com). If your tool
does not offer the ability to put audio on the slides utilize another tool to
record the audio portion, i.e., VLC Media or another tool that will allow you to
record .mp3 file format that transitions with the slides.
In the presentation, address the following:
1. What laws have been violated?
2. What do you think contributed to the problems that could lead to a violation of these laws?
3. What are the implications to the individual and organization of these violations?
• History of the law
• ABC’s responsibility under this law
• What is ABC’s liability for failing to follow these laws?
4. What are some security controls and mitigation strategies for handling future violations? (Slide should contain three to five.)
5. How does privacy law differ from information systems security?
Make sure to provide a reference slide that provides APA citations of any
sources used in the PowerPoint presentation. This slide does not require
1. At least 10 slides in length, with each slide having a narration in Standard English explaining the key ideas in each slide.
2. The oral presentation should have a highly developed and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
3. The oral communication should be highly ordered, logical and unified.
4. The oral delivery technique, including word choice and oral expressiveness, displays exceptional content, organization, and style, while leading the audience to a dynamic and supported conclusion.
5. Free of grammatical errors.
6. No evidence of plagiarism.
7. Ensure that the narration provides clear enunciation, a professional tone, and is free of background noise.
8. The slide presentation must be professional and utilize a professional background and design.
Your PowerPoint narration presentation should be 10 or more slides in length.
Be sure to use appropriate APA format and cite your Reading or other
sources that you used in your presentation.
The presentation should contain sufficient information to adequately answer
the questions and contain no spelling, grammar, or APA errors. Remember
that the slides will contain summary information of what you provide in your
narration. Points deducted from grade for each writing, spelling, or grammar
error are at your instructor’s discretion.
Also review the university policy on plagiarism. If you have any
questions, please contact your professor.
Directions for Submitting Your Lab
Place your presentation in the drobox for Unit 1 Lab.