OD - case studymjwings
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Deadline: 02/04/2020 @ 23:59
Course Name: Organization Design & Development
Course Code: MGT404
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1440/1441 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Level of Marks:
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Department of Business Administration
Organization Design and Development- MGT 404
Course Learning Outcomes:
· Be sure to use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed references in support of each answer and also incorporate the key concepts from the course.
· This Assignment comprise of a Case study.
· Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
· Please read the case study entitled as “Top Management Team at Ortiv Glass Corporation.” available in the textbook “Organization Development & Change” 9th edition by Cummings, T and Worley, C and answer the following questions:
· Q.1 Discuss why ‘strategic orientation’ is fundamental to diagnosis in OD. Support your answer using two examples from this case study. (1.5 marks) (Lo 2.9)
· Q.2 Explain why it is important for a group design to be congruent with the larger organization design. Support your answer using an example from this case study (1.5 marks) (Lo 1.5 & 3.1)
- Task structure (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
- Team functioning (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
- Group composition (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
- Group norms (1 mark) (Lo 2.5)
· Q.4 Discuss how the group design of Ortiv’s Glass Corporation could positively or negatively impacts on the diagnosis of design components at the individual level. (2 Marks) (Lo 2.9)