EGN3365 Materials EngineeringFall 2018Term Reportjfume010
EGN3365 Materials Engineering
· Please select one of the topics below and write a final report addressing materials choice (some products can select more than one material), critical material properties, manufacturing process and other potential applications of the materials.
· Please include a cover page as first page of your report with the title, your name and PID.
· 6 pages (include cover page) limit including reference list (Font Times New Roman 12, 1.5 spacing).
· Originality check will be applied by Turnitin. 20% or more similarity to open access resource or other people’s reports will be considered plagiarism.
· Please submit your report as PDF through Canvas and use Turnitin to generate a check report. If there is any problem to submit through Canvas, you can also send the report to [email protected] with a file title: EGN3365_your name_panther ID. Iman will send you a confirmation indicating the receipt of the report.
· Report Due: Nov 26, 2018, 11:59 PM (EST)
Topic 1. Wind Turbine blade
Topic 2. Car’s Engine
Material for Car’s Engine
Topic 3. Space shuttle tiles
The space shuttle tile is an amazing piece of engineering, which insulates the body of the shuttle from temperatures that approached 3000°F.
Topic 4. Blue LEDs
Three scientists have jointly earned the 2014 Nobel Prize in physics for their work on blue LEDs, or light-emitting diodes. Please describe the mechanism and significance of blue LEDs.
Topic 5. Giant Buddha in Hong Kong
The following picture shows the Giant Buddha in Hong Kong. The Buddha is 34 meters (112 ft) tall, weighs 250 metric tons (280 short tons), and was the world's tallest outdoor bronze seated Buddha prior to 2007.
Topic 6. Eiffel Tower
Topic 7. Best material for knife
Topic 8. Skeleton of the boat
The skeleton of the boat is the most important part of the build.
Topic 9. Cruet sets served condiments on the dining
The following picture shows cruet sets served condiments on the dining table. Sets with bottles served oil, vinegar and soy while others also had casters for serving sugar and spices, which were frequently made to match the rest of the dinner service in the eighteenth century
Topic 10. A synthetic diamond gemstone like the Hope Diamond
The following picture shows the world famous blue Hope Diamond (45.52 carats). The natural diamonds color is the blue.