research paper. ( due in 20 hours)shinyuan
Paper Review Checklist
· Must include all sections
· Title Page
· Introduction/Literature Review
· Appendix (Optional)
· Title page- with (interesting and relevant) title, author and school affiliation
· Abstract on separate page
· Brief summary of paper describing the topic and the findings
· Single paragraph, double spaced
· Introduction/Body of paper- about 6-7 pages in length
· Starts with paper title at top of page
· Introductory paragraph/Thesis statement- 1 paragraph
· Comprehensive literature review
· Discussion/Conclusion- 1- 2 pages in length
· Discuss what was learned from literature review and why it’s important
· Interpretation of findings; theoretical implications
· In-text citations
· Must be present throughout the document
· APA style
· All references should be used, not just 1 or 2
· All in-text citations must be listed on the Reference page
· Reference list
· APA style- Alphabetical order by last name or article title
· At least 4 references
· Comprehensive? Include a mix of academic and practitioner writings?
· Are there a variety of sources referenced?
· What is the quality of sources used?
· Includes all sources referenced throughout the paper
· Page numbers- top right hand corner
· Running head
· Total- 6-7 pages of text (not including title page, Abstract or Reference page)
· Formatted in APA style
· Correct spelling, proper commas, proper apostrophes
· Complete, straightforward sentences (no sentence fragments, run-on sentences)
· Noun/pronoun/verb agreement, consistent verb tenses, correct word choice.
· General things to look for-
· Check for each of the items listed above and indicate where the information is missing or incorrect.
· Check for indications of plagiarism
· Is the paper clear and understandable? Does it flow well? Provide suggestions for how to organize and structure the paper to improve the overall flow.
· Ask for clarification where needed. Note where sections need more detail or elaboration. Identify what's missing, what needs to be explained more fully. Also identify what can be cut.
· Provide suggestions for additional information to include in the paper (e.g., specific relevant articles), or questions for the author to consider when revising the paper.
· Comments should be constructive.
· If you do not notice any areas for improvement, highlight some of the positive aspects of the paper.
· Comment on large issues first; Go on to smaller issues later.
· Concentrate on the most important ways the draft could be improved.
· Be specific in your response (explain where you get stuck, what you don't understand) and in your suggestions for revision. As much as you can, explain why you're making particular suggestions.