The Wall Street Journal published an article in 2010 talking about school districts that will choose to take advantage of...crytal 3
The Wall Street Journal published an article in 2010 talking about school districts that will choose to take advantage of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). This helps school districts that meet certain requirements to reduce state and local spending on special education. An example this article gives is, if a district received $500,000 in federal funds under IDEA in 2009 and $700,000 in 2010, it could lower its state and local spending on special education by $100,000 (half of the difference between the 2010 and 2009) and use that money on general education. IDEA funding may help school districts now but, it could hurt special education services provided in these districts in the future. This could mean a loss of millions of dollars. It needs to be understood that the districts are not the only ones that need to be held responsible for this possible drop in state and local special education spending. It is the states, which have deliberately lowered the requirements for the provision. They are just as responsible. Therefore, decisions that we make today will always affect us in our future. Being educated and knowledgeable on important decision we have to make for ourselves, community, schools, and our state will guide us into making the best choice. Try not to just think about today, but think about the future.
- 9 years ago
- how do you think dividing germany into four parts affected germans and those countries occupying the territory
- use development of the atomic model as an example to explain the following scientific evidence is a collection of observations that...
- Sonya inherited $35,000. She invested some of the money at 2.5% simple interest and the rest at 3.5% simple interest....
- Finance Question
- Busi 530 Corporate Finance Exam 4
- Where is island Baku located?
- Global Business
- Macro Economics short quiz #6
- Excel tutorial 3 Case 4. how do you make excel grade an exam?
- george swims 4km everyday . the pool is 50m in lenght. how many lenghts did he swim in one week