In this assignment you will apply transformations: translation, reflection, rotation, and dilation. You will be creating a tessellation similar to the work of M.C. Escher.
There are three parts to the assignment:
Part 1: Create the original template
Part 2: Tessellate your template
Part 3: Write a letter to your friend
Scoring Guide – 50 Points Possible
The original template – 5 pts.
Evidence shown demonstrates student understands how to create the template for the tessellation from a 3in x 3in square.
Tessellation – 15 pts.
Evidence of student correctly performing the tessellation is clear.
Creativity – 5 pts.
Tessellation and template are creative, colorful, and original.
Letter to Friend – Content – 20 pts.
Explain what a transformation is.
Explain what the different types of transformations are and provide examples of each.
Explain what a tessellation is and give an example.
Explain why we make a tessellation and how it applies to transformations.
Letter to Friend – Conventions – 5 pts.
Letter is formatted as a letter and uses correct MLA format, spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation.
PLEASE DON"T FORGET THE WORKSHEET
- 5 years ago
- ABC Company,
- Assignment 2: Library Research—Training Police Recruits
- compute the present value of a 2000 deposit in year 1 and another 1500 deposit at the end of year...
- ACC555 Unit 1 Assignment 2
- Case Study Analysis
- analyzing everyday life: everyday class consciousness
- Microeconomics Help
- Career Exploration (ATTN JAPMAN
- BEH 225 Week 6 CheckPoint 2 Personality Assessment and Theories