Classified ads in the Ithaca Journal offered several used Toyota Corollas for sale. Listed
below are the ages of the cars and the advertised prices.
Age (yr) Price Advertised ($)
(a) Report the linear correlation coefficient value and comment on the form, the
direction, and strength of association between the age of a car and the advertised
(b) Report the equation of the least-squares regression line. Interpret the coefficients.
(c) Report and interpret the value of the coefficient of determination.
(d) Carry out a T-test about correlation ( H1:p≠0). Use a 5% level of significance.
Draw graphs and charts when appropriate and necessary to demonstrate your
reasoning! Label all graphs and charts!
Display formulas. Write complete sentences to summarize your conclusions.
If use any table values, clearly state which tables you used (e.g. Table A-2, etc.).
You may attach your excel output when appropriate or necessary (e.g. a scatterplot,
HYPOTHESIS TESTING QUESTIONS
Your work for all statistical hypothesis testing questions should include the following:
1. Established Ho and Ha.
2. Summary statistics (either computed or given in the problem)
3. The name of the test (e.g. 2sampleTtest or T-test about correlation, etc.)
4. A formula to compute a test statistic (e.g. 1Prop-Z test statistic, etc.)
5. A p-value of the test and/or a critical value from a statistical table.
6. Clearly state the decision rule you use the reach a conclusion. (You may have to
sketch a graph to show rejection regions.) Do you “Reject Ho” or do you “Fail to
7. State your conclusion in plain language. Use complete sentences.
- 9 years ago
- i want to do a research in information security include 3 source i wanna have it before 11;30 can u...
- Discuss the importance of critical thinking to society?
- This question relates directly to the Vorperian and Kent (2007) article (Vowel acoustic space development in children: A synthesis of...
- a security code consists of 5 digits (0-9, and a digit may not be used more than once. how many...
- why does a plant cell need a large central vacuole?
- there is a 50:50 chance of getting a red bead from the bag, there is 1 in 6 chance of picking...
- Categorize the following consumer loan products by their product life cycle stage: introductory, growth, maturity, or decline. Explain your choices....
- on these words whic are verbs, adjectives or things. laws, civil rights, award, peaceful, gentle, determined loyal, bold, devoted, strong, positive,...
- Outline and describe the roles and responsibilities of management, supervisors, and employees in construction safety. How is accountability critical for each of the three levels? As a safety professional, how would you mitigate accident prevention for emp
- In canada, what was the Indian act and when did it take place?
- NOT RATED
Kathleen Vohs of the University of Minnesota and her coworkers carried out several randomized comparative experiments on the effects of thinking about money. Here’s part of one such …9 years ago
- NOT RATED
A company hopes to improve customer satisfaction, setting as a goal “less than 5% negative comments”. A random survey of 350 customers found only 10 with complaints. Does this provide …9 years ago
- NOT RATED
Loaded dice? You might be suspecting that you have a loaded die. To test this assumption, you roll the die 300 times and observe the frequency of occurrence of each of the faces:
Face …9 years ago