Write a 1000 word paper that is a referential analysis. Use the attached essay as your subject. Your essay will be a critique (that is an analysis of another piece of writing) that focuses on technique as well as content. Indicate the author and title of the essay in a complete sentence in your first paragraph. Note: titles of magazines are underlined, while titles of essays and articles are put in “quotation marks.”
Avoid first person commentary (comments such as “I think” or “I believe”) about the article. You are analyzing the author’s content and technique.
Structure for the paper:
Paragraph 1—introduction which includes the author, title of essay, brief summary
of the main points in the essay, and a statement of the main point or thesis of essay.
Paragraph 2—discussion of essay’s main purpose: expressive, literary, persuasive, or referential;
Identify the characteristics or traits of the purpose which appear; then directly
quote or refer in your own words to passages from the essay which illustrate those
Paragraph 3—discussion of the secondary purpose of the essay, in which you name the secondary
purpose, identify the characteristics or traits of the secondary purpose which
appear, and then directly quote or refer in your own words to passages from the
essay which illustrate those characteristics.
Paragraph 4-- discussion of the essay’s patterns of organization: narration,
description, evaluation, classification, or comparison/contrast with examples.
Paragraph 5—a conclusion which evaluates the essay by explaining how well the author achieved his
.purpose(s) and used the patterns. Identify the essay’s strengths and/or weaknesses
- 4 years ago
- need two equations second one right after this one
- Unit III (PERFECTO)
- Translate a essay, make it simple, because I'm not that good at spanish. -use 10+ different present tense verbs(regular -ar/-er/-ir,stem changers,...
- Accounting Response
- ECO 372 Week 3 Learning Team Aggregate Demand and Supply Models
- The 1920s and 1930s were marked by economic crises and instability. In that era, authoritarian leaders in many European nations...
- A parcel of land is offered for sale at $151,000, is assessed for tax purposes at $113,000, is recognized by...
- federal accounting
- BUS 475 FINAL EXAM