Review this article "Congress Stood Up for Fairer Sentencing. The Supreme Court Should Too"
On August 3, 2010 the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 (FSA) was signed into law, reducing to approximately 18 to 1 the sentencing ratio amount of powder cocaine versus crack cocaine that triggers the same penalty. The legislation also eliminates the mandatory minimum for simple possession of crack. The Sentencing Commission has promulgated amendments implementing the directives of the Act.
Please answer the following questions and attach the links for the article to your response.
- What is the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010(FSA) and why was the Act necessary? What did it accomplish?
- Did the new Sentencing Act go too far, or not far enough to correct pass sentencing disparities?
Remember that your post must be at least 300 words and you are required to respond to a classmate with at least a 150 word response (reference sheet)
- 7 years ago
- Calc quiz #4
- Acme Mexico City: Construct and Explain the External and Internal Environment (ONLY PROFESSOR KERN)
- short essay, one page
- The quality control manger at a light bulb factory need to estimate the mean life of a large shipment of light bulbs. The SD is 100 100 hrs.A random sample of 64 light bulbs indicated a sample mean life of 350 hrs. a. Construct a 95% confidence interval e
- Harley Davidson
- 1 page
- 4 hours
- week 7 assignment
- ECO 561 Week 2 knowledge Check