RC Circuits in Multisimpolalola
RC Circuits in Multisim
This week’s lab is based on the application of circuit analysis techniques to evaluate an RC circuit in Multisim.
- Watch video lecture entitled “Week 4 – RC Circuit in Multisim”.
- Work Practice Problem 8.13 from Chapter 8 to determine the capacitor voltage ‘V’ for t >0 and record the value in the table.
Capacitor Voltage ‘V’
- Construct Figure 8.46 from Chapter 8 in Multisim.
- Run simulation to measure the voltage across the capacitor ‘V’ (Use 5% tolerances for each of the resistors)
- Take the screen capture for the measurements for ‘V’.
- Answer the following questions:
- Are the measured values same as calculated values? If not, explain why they are different?
- What is the circuit time constant ‘τ’?
- Is ‘V’ a natural, forced or complete response? Explain why?
- Create a new word document called “Lab4_StudentID.docx” with your GID substituted into the file name.
- Save the analysis from step 2 and simulation results from step 3 along with the table and screen captures of all the measurements. Make sure to answer the questions in step 4.
- Upload file “Lab4_StudentID”.
Demonstrate understanding of RC Circuits and their functionality
Analyze the circuit in Figure 8.46 to calculate capacitor voltage ‘V’
Circuit design in Multisim (Figure 8.46)
Measurement of capacitor voltage ‘V’ in Multisim
Use of resistor tolerances
Answer to the questions
Lab Report (includes table, measurement with proper units, screenshots, APA guidelines)
- 6 years ago
- ANIMAL RESEARCH
- BIS 320 Week 5 Information Security
- BIS 320 Systems Development Life Cycle
- AET 505 Week 2 Individual Assignment Factors Influencing Current Adult Learning Abstract
- ACC 423 Week 1 Individual Assignment Owners’ Equity Paper
- U. S. drug laws
- Public Key Infrastructure
- PHI 103 Week 3 DQ 1 Buying a Car Scenario
- NOT RATED
RL, RC and RLC Circuits
- Work Exercises 6, 9 and 21 from Chapter 8.
- Work Exercises 4, 11 and 46 from Chapter 9.
- Save all the work in HW4_StudentID and upload. Show all work for full credit.
…6 years ago