Public Relations In Practice And TheoryNajlaeh1
Universal Manufacturing Corporation is located in an Eastern Canadian city of 500,000 people. At 6,000 employees, it is one of the largest employers in the country, and the company has been at its present location for the past 50 years. Despite this record, management believes that the company does not have a strong identity and lacks visibility in the community.
The director of public relations has been asked to prepare a new public relations plan for the coming fiscal year. She recommends that the company first conduct research to determine exactly what its image is in the community. You need some hard data on which to base a community-relations campaign with the appropriate core messages directed to various segments of the community.
If you were the public relations director, what kind of secondary research would you do?
What qualitative and quantitative research would you recommend?
The following list of questions will help determine how much research is required before you can develop an effective strategy:
• What is the problem?
• What kind of information is needed?
• How will the results of the research be used?
• What specific public(s) should be researched?
• Should the research be done in-house or should an outside consultant be hired?
• How will the research data be analyzed, reported or applied?
• How soon will the results be needed?
• How much will the research cost?
You will also be expected to adhere to effective essay writing guidelines. Grading will be based on the following components:
Subject Matter: (10)
• Key elements of assignments covered
• Content is comprehensive/accurate/persuasive
• Displays an understanding of the importance of research in Public Relations
• Major points supported by specific details/examples
• Research is adequate/timely
• Writer has gone beyond textbook for resources
ORGANIZATION (5 points)
• The introduction provides a sufficient background on the topic and previews major points
• Central theme/purpose is immediately clear
• Structure is clear, logical, and easy to follow
• Subsequent sections develop/support the central theme
• Conclusion/recommendations follow logically from the body of the paper
Style/Mechanics (5 points)
• Citations/reference page follow guidelines (APA)
• Properly cites ideas/info from other sources
• Paper is laid out effectively--uses, heading and other reader-friendly tools
• Paper is neat/shows attention to detail
• Rules of grammar, usage, punctuation are followed
• Spelling is correct
• Sentences are complete, clear, and concise
• Sentences are well-constructed with consistently strong, varied structure
• Transitions between sentences/paragraphs/sections help maintain the flow of thought
• Words used are precise and unambiguous
Length: 4-5 Pages double spaced
- 7 years ago
- ACC 101 POST University Financial Accounting Units
- PHI 445 Week 1 - Quiz 10-10
- Only professor Kern
- Humanities_ GED 120 Final (40 MCQs)
- 1Â· When water boils, what effect does the thermal energy produced by the boiling have on the hydrogen bonds? 2.What is...
- SOC 312 Week 4 Journal Private or Public Bully
- System Analysis & Design Unit II/ Ques 12 (http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.homeworkmarket.com%2Fhomework-answers&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.homeworkmarket.com%2Fsites%2Fall%2Fthemes%2Fdmh_fusion%2Flike-and-win.jpg&description=
- Operations Management - Sales & Operations Planning
- Accounting system