Chapter 1 of the textbook, A bridge to the classroom and early care: ECE capstone, discusses seven developmentally appropriate practice topics. For this discussion, you will be focusing on one of these topics based on the group to which you are assigned below. For the topic you are assigned, write a position statement that reflects your current thinking on this topic. Make sure to include the connection between this developmentally appropriate practice and NAEYC’s Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation. For example, if you are assigned to the environment you might explain a bit about how the room is set up and why materials are presented as they are. This would include explanations of the developmental appropriateness of the environmental decisions you have made. You might even be able to find inspiration from Mrs. Ashland.
Developmentally Appropriate Practice – Curriculum Choices
MUST BE atleast 300 words in APA format.
- Krogh, S. (2013). A Bridge to the Classroom and Early Care: ECE Capstone. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
- Chapter 1: Supporting You: The Role of Early Childhood Organizations
- Chapter 2: A Look Back to Move Forward
- National Association for the Education of Young Children. (2009). Where we stand on professional preparation standards. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/programStandards.pdf
- This resource provides valuable information from NAEYC in regards to being prepared for a career in early childhood education.
- Heald, S. & Zaur, J. (2013). ECE 430: Week 1, case study: Classroom environment. Ashford University, College of Education, San Diego, CA.
- In this first section of the case study, you meet Mrs. Ashland and learn about her classroom at Park Lane Early Childhood Center.
- Valarie, M. H. (2001). Examining the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education. Early Childhood Education Journal, 29(2), 95-100. Retrieved from EBSCOhost.
- This article examines the overall principles of the Reggio Emilia approach.
kbrunet2599. (2010, July 7). How to create a Voki [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHza_R6c3WU
- This video contains a tutorial for creating a Voki.
- This video shares an overview of the Montessori Method and differentiates for different ages of children.
- This video shows a Waldorf school from the perspective of the teachers, parents, and students.
- Illinois Projects in Practice (http://illinoispip.org/index.html)
- NAEYC DAP Position Statement (http://www.naeyc.org/positionstatements/dap)
- Voki (http://www.voki.com)
- 6 years ago
- Read 3chapters and write 2 pages about it.
- You are a company officer, and you have developed a fire safety inspection checklist for your department. Describe the process that you developed for the inspection tour, how you will conduct your inspection, and what you would look for in each area. Be s
- Help with this question
- BUS 670 Week 6 DQ 2 ( Environmental Statutes ) ~ 2 Different Answers ~ ( Latest Syllabus - Updated Jan, 2015 - Perfect Tutorial - Scored 100% )
- Create a MicrosoftÂ® ExcelÂ®
- Social WOrk homework
- P 13-3
- A+ Answers of the following Questions
- Abraham Company
- NOT RATED
An important part of being an educator is reflection. Reflection is a learning process through which you use your experiences and knowledge to guide you in the future. Each week you will have …6 years ago