Choose one of the following questions and write a 400 word answer on it.
1. We might expect to find quite a few examples of courageous and honorable behavior among the heroes of the TrojanWar. Surely, we see these within the Iliad, but we also see much that seems less than virtuous or wise. Comment.
2. Much of what happens in the ancient world of the Iliad seems to be beyond the control of a mere mortal. Fate or thegods, or sometimes more powerful men and women, intervene and change things. Everyone else is simply along for theride. Or, at least it seems that way sometimes. Perhaps not. Is there anything like genuine free will and the possibility forindividual choices and destinies to exist within this ancient world? Explain.
3. Consider the way violence is described in the Iliad, and the way the characters respond to acts of violence. From whatwe have read, is violence accepted and supported in this culture, or is it opposed? Clearly some violence is permittedsince these characters are engaged in a 10-year war, but is violence (and war) seen as a necessary evil, or as somethingglorious? Could it be both, or neither one? Explain.
- 5 years ago
- From Designing with Type, by James Craig
- NTC 362 Week 1 Individual Tele-communications Evolution Timeline
- BSHS 373 Week 3 Accounting Short Answer Questions Comments
- please solve, use the attached excel sheet please
- multiyear plan
- COM home work
- statistics HW
- BSA 385 Week 2 Individual Assignment 1
- In early 2013, Kieran Gregory, of Drug Revolution,