Merger and aquisitionluco.b
Write an 8-10 page paper (double-spaced) of written analysis, including tables of financial calculations.
It is January, 1998, the Senior Executives of DuPont are considering possible divesture of Conoco. Various executives express their opinions, and the CFO is charged with presenting his recommendation with analysis from a financial perspective. This is based on the discussion in Chapter 12: Appendix, Analysis of a Sample of Recent Divestitures, (pp. 312-327).
You are the Chief Financial Officer of DuPont. Develop your best recommendation for DuPont and its shareholders from a financial perspective. Analyze and present the actual actions that DuPont took, or change the course of history, and make another presentation, again from a financial perspective – no divestiture, partial divesture, full divesture in one step, or two-stage divestiture. Whichever decision you make, justify your recommendation with financial analysis. Focus on one recommendation and show financial analysis, advantages, and risks of the proposed recommendation. (Do not try to analyze more than one choice.)
Chief Executive Officer
I'm going to propose three financial perspectives. I want you to develop a specific recommendation for one of them. First, should this divesture be made from a financial perspective? What are the benefits, disadvantages and risks? Second, if we do divest, should we divest only part of Conoco? What percent of Conoco should we divest? And third, should we divest 100% of the company? How should this divestiture be implemented? Develop a proposal and process to implement this divestiture, whereby we at DuPont maximize our shareholder value. Your recommendation may be one stage or two-stage. When you develop your specific recommendation, tell us specifically how it will work, and how it will benefit DuPont, our shareholders, and Conoco.
Chief Operating Officer
Our ownership of Conoco has been very successful, and we can do a 100% IPO of Conoco for cash and raise a significant amount to use in our core business growth internationally. This would give us the opportunity to expand our global operations in agriculture, health care, nutrition, and electronics.
Executive Vice President for R & D and Product Development
Our ownership of Conoco since the 1980's has added great marketing and purchasing clout to DuPont's operations. I recommend that we maintain between 51% - 60% ownership of Conoco, and support its successful growth under our continued ownership control of the company.
Given the scenario, your role and the information provided by the key players involved, it is time for you to make a decision.
- 6 years ago
- What did the results of Maxwell and Faganâs study show about the effects of arrest on the reoccurrence of intimate...
- stat paper
- ETH 125 Week 5 Assignment United States Centric Views Comparison Appendix D
- ECO 205 Week 8 CheckPoint Industry Research Part IV Appendix
- "3. Forecast the data for 2000 again in Problem 1 with exponential smoothing with w = 0.3 and w = 0.7. Is this a better forecast than the moving average? NOTE: 3. Appendix problem 3: Compare RMSEs for moving average and exponential forecasts to answer “I
- As the lead software engineer medium-sized hospital, you have been asked to spearhead an effort to improve the tracking of Voice Over IP (VOIP) calls made within the hospital system
- SEC 310 Week 1 Individual Assignment Goals and Objectives For a Security Organization Paper
- Math Due 01/31/2015 at 3pm
- CJS 220 Week 9 Final Project Appeals Process Paper - 2000 Words Including Cover and References In
- BUS 335 Week 4 Assignment 1 Staffing Organziations Part 1