(Mberiah Only) LOG302: Quality ManagementAbnalldway
Module 2 - Case
Using the library process as described in the Background page, find and read the article listed below and then in a 3-4 page paper answer the following:
1. Describe the quality control implications of the major changes that have taken place in food chains today compared to the past.
2. Why is it important to understand cultural diversity and political differences when implementing quality control initiatives at the global scale?
3. Discuss the role and importance of the "6-Ts" (Traceability, Transparency, Testability, Time, Trust, and Training) relative to food supply chain quality management.
Search for this article in Proquest:
Aleda V Roth, Andy A Tsay, Madeleine E Pullman, John V Gray (2008, Jan) Unraveling the Food Supply Chain: Straegic Insights from China and the 2007 Recalls, Journal of Supply Chain Management, Tempe, Vol. 44, Iss. 1; pg. 22. 18 pgs.
The March 2007 pet food recall and a rapid progression of comparable incidents have exposed the real potential for food supply chain contamination and disruptions. When organizations source via multilayered supply chains with poor visibility they are particularly vulnerable. In this paper, we develop a conceptual framework called the "Six Ts" of supply chain quality management - traceability, transparency, testability, time trust and training - which are relevant for any product but are especially critical to the preservation of public welfare through a safe food supply. We describe the globalization of food supply chains and present data on the trends of U.S. food import volumes, both in aggregate and specifically from China. We also highlight the inherent difficulties and risks posed by global food supply chains, using those originating in China as an example. Finally, we provide a research agenda and questions to be addressed regarding the application of the six Ts in global food supply chain management.
Submit your assignment for grading by the end of this module.
Expectations for the assignment are concerned with the work displaying an understanding of why quality initiatives, such as Six Sigma, are an important element in managing a logistics system. It is expected that the paper will contain critical thinking, logic, and synthesis skills in assessing the management challenges of introducing quality principles into a global supply chain.
- 7 years ago
- Write a program to convert a digit into its English name
- BADM 460 Project 1, 2, 3, 4 Solutions (Secure A)
- Copier Paper Report
- 9 Hours 3 Pages Essay
- SOC 320 Week 5 DQ 1 Obama and Romney on Immigration
- An allele that exerts its effects whenever it is present is
- Finance Multiple Choice Questions
- education pp
- discussion busy with other work need help with discussion
- NOT RATED
Module 2 – SLP STARBUCKS
Welcome to the second SLP for this course. This is a very simple assignment. I want you to look at the logistics system of the …7 years ago