MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING PROBLEM $$$$$$$Drewmax
Carlyle Lighting Products produces two different types of lamps: a floor lamp and a desk lamp. Floor lamps sell for $30, and desk lamps sell for $20. The projected income statement for the coming year follows:
Total Variable Cost 400,000
Contribution Margin $200,000
total fixed cost 150,000
operating income $50,0000
The owner of Carlyle estimates that 60 percent of the sales revenues will be produced by floor lamps and the remaining 40 percent by desk lamps. Floor lamps are also responsible for 60 percent of the variable cost. Of the fixed cost, one-third is common to both products, and one-half is directly traceable to the floor lamp product line.
- 1.Compute the sales revenue that must be earned for Carlyle to break even.
- 2.Compute the number of floor lamps and desk lamps that must be sold for Carlyle to break even.
- 3.Compute the degree of operating leverage for Carlyle. Now assume that the actual revenues will be 40 percent higher than the projected revenues. By what percentage will profits increase with this change in sales volume?
- 9 years ago
- Write an article and make a Power Point
- A ________ plan relieves companies of long-term pension obligations and makes the worker responsible for the plan's performance
- Arjun left the movie theater and drove toward his cabin on the lake. One hour later Jennifer left driving...
- Max Points: 5.0 How has the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 affected financial reporting for publicly traded companies? Do you think that...
- if 77cm is divided into the ratio 5:2 how long is each section
- i need to do an essay of A review of the novel, focusing on the theme of violence and the...
- How much would you charge a month to complete 8 weeks of psychology at a B grade level?
- a group of elite american protesters durning the time of the revolution who actively tried to keep the mobs from...
- Week 4 DQ 2