LASA 2—IT Strategic Planning For Professor Ryankjiba
Need Assistant from Prof. Ryan with this homework:
LASA 2—IT Strategic Planning
Using a company of your choice, determine the strategic business goals. Develop an IT strategy that aligns to the business goals. You can use the balanced scorecard approach or you can develop your own method for defining and aligning the IT strategy to the business strategy. You will need to cite at least two credible sources that will provide justification for your strategy or approach.
Finding a company: If you are employed, it is best for you to use your current place of employment so you can practically apply the concepts in this assignment. Alternatively, you can use a nonprofit organization or any other organization you may have ties or access to.
Your IT strategy should include:
- Business Goals and Objectives
- List at least two or three specific business goals for the next year or two with an explanation of the business’ rationale for the goal.
- List an objective for each business goal to explain what the company needs to do to achieve the goal.
- IT Strategies aligned with business goals and objectives
- List one or two IT strategies for each business goal
- These should be recommended strategies that would enable the business goals and objectives to be achieved.
- If your company already has IT strategies, you may provide an analysis and justification or new recommendation for each of the strategies
- Organizational Structure
- Describe the structure of the organization including:
- Organizational design
- Organizational culture
- Leadership factors (the types of leadership displayed within the company)
- Business processes
- Physical layout (i.e., how many offices, virtual offices, international locations)
- IT Infrastructure
- Describe the current IT infrastructure including:
- IT resources
- This should be a high-level overview
- IT Challenges
- Describe internal and external challenges IT faces in meeting the business needs
- Include social and/or ethical considerations
- Describe risks IT might face when implementing change
As you develop your strategy, you may want to consider the following:
- An effective IT strategy will enable the business operations , helping business leaders achieve business goals more efficiently and effectively.
- Focus on top priorities. Take the time to understand organizational issues, how they are related, and how they affect performance. Determine what will happen if nothing changes and where IT can have the greatest, positive impact.
- Identify how IT supports business processes. The business is relying on their capabilities to achieve the business goals. The IT strategy should include a plan for supporting those business capabilities, creating efficiencies, and competitive advantage for the business.
- Define IT priorities and governance for IT. Without priorities and a process for IT governance in place, progress will be slowed. An agreed upon plan for governing IT will enable the decision process.
Understand the challenges. Improving processes and increasing efficiencies through IT implementation also requires behavioral and sometimes organizational change. With these changes come inherent challenges. Understanding and planning for those challenges will increase the chance of success in meeting the business goals.
Note: You will use the information from this assignment to develop an executive summary of your IT strategy in Module 7.
Write an 8–10-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M6_A2.doc.
This assignment is worth 300 points and will be graded using a rubric.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
List specific business goals (minimum 2–3) for the next year or two.
For each goal: explain the rationale of the goal, provide one objective, and explain what the company needs to do to achieve that goal.
Explain how the IT strategies will provide a competitive advantage for the business.
Align the IT strategies with business goals and objectives and provide a justification of how those strategies support business goals.
Describe the structure of the organization including:
Describe the current IT infrastructure. This should include hardware, software, network, and IT resources.
Describe internal and external challenges IT faces in meeting the business needs.
Describe risks IT might face when implementing change, including any ethical and/or social issues brought about by the implementation of the new system.
Ensure academic writing, such as grammar, spelling, and attribution of sources, is appropriate.
IT Strategy Presentation
An IT strategy should create a relationship between the investment in IT and organizational strategies and objectives. IT systems leverage the value of information for an organization and therefore the strategy should demonstrate how technology provides the organization with a value-added service. In this assignment, you will develop an executive summary to show how your strategy will benefit the business goals and objectives of the organization.
Review the work you completed on your LASA 2 assignment delivered in the previous module.
Create an executive summary of your IT strategy. The presentation should be approximately 10–15 minutes and should include the following:
- An overview, at least one slide for each section of your strategy
- A summary of any main conclusions or recommendations made in your IT strategy report
- Specific details from your IT strategy report to highlight or support the summary
Use the notes feature to include detailed speaker’s notes for your presentation.
Develop a 9–10-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M7_A2.ppt.
Summarized the problem/topic, findings, and conclusions/recommendations from your IT strategy report (LASA 2).
Organized the presentation to include a cohesive introduction, solid transitions, and conclusions.
Styled the presentation in a clear, appropriate, and balanced way between text and other visuals.
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- 10 years ago
- accounting help
- A 2-year Treasury security currently earns 1.81 percent. Over the next two years, the real interest rate is expected to be 1.00 percent per year and the inflation premium is expected to be 0.40 percent per year. Calculate the maturity risk premium on the
- The perimeter of the rectangular park shown is 42 miles.a ranger estimates that there are 9 deer in 1 square...
- in a pair of similar rectangles , the ratio of the width of the first rectangle to the second rectangle...
- Essay writing
- This quiz covers the chapters on the solar system's planets (etc.) and an introduction to our own and other galaxies. 1...
- Home ambassador of Mexico In the Manifest Destiny
- What is the evaporated volume, in cubic feet, of one quart of liquid toluene (at STP)?
- marketing actvities