. How can we motivate ourselves more effectively through reinforcement?
We’d all like to be more effective in reaching our goals, and according to behaviorists, the way to improve our effectiveness is by rewarding ourselves for the little steps that take us closer and closer to those desirable outcomes. First, find something you really like to do or something you’d like to have that can, realistically, serve as a reward. Then, take the goal that you are hoping to achieve that, realistically, you could achieve but just haven’t succeeded at yet. Next, work backward from that goal to your present state. Arrange to give yourself those desired rewards as you inch closer from where you are now to the desired end point. As you start to make progress, only give yourself a reward when you’ve moved forward from where you are now. For example, if you’d like to cut back on your television watching and instead read more often, reward yourself by allowing yourself to watch television only when you’ve read for 20 minutes, then 30, then maybe 2 hours. By the time you’ve gotten to the 2 hour mark, who knows, you may enjoy reading so much that you won’t even care about watching television anymore.
- 7 years ago
- I have a quiz that has 83 questions that have to be answered correctly. I need to make a score of...
- T varies directly as the square of D and inversely as F. Find T when D=17, F=7, and K=20. Write the...
- FRUSTRATIONS OF PROGRESS;CHAOSAND COMPLEXITY
- what type of imf is nh4cl
- Theo spent £10 on bus fares and food. He spent £1.50 more on bus fares than on food. How much did...
- Marketing work
- what is the frequency of the following wave: 100 waves pass in 20 seconds?
- CAN YOU DO THIS
- What would be a strategic plan for a re-useable baby bottle?