Intellectual property lawjosfho
the focus of the research paper will be a relatively recent case by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Wal-Mart Stores v. Samara Brothers, Wal-Mart stores contracted with a clothing manufacturer, Judy-Philippine, Inc., to copy designs by another well-known company, Samara Brothers, Inc., and to manufacture clothes for Wal-Mart. Samara Brothers learned of this copying and sued for Trademark infringement.
The question that this case focuses on is whether the design of the garment itself is protected under Trademark law when it has not been registered. In general, a trademark does not have to be registered to be awarded protection under trademark law. However, whether the design of a garment, including familiar objects such as flowers, can also be protected under this law.
In your paper, address the following questions:
- How were prior cases on the question of trademark protection addressed by the Court?
- Did any federal statute play a substantial role in the decision of the Court?
- Explain the Wal-Mart decision. What was the holding and what did the Court base this holding on?
- Was the holding of the court broad or narrow? What do you perceive the impact of this case will be on the industry?
- 8 years ago
- Suppose the U.S. returns millions of illegal immigrant workers to Mexico. Show the effects of this policy on w, L<subscript>f...
- for geniusy_2006 only please
- What was the methods did the British government use to exercise their power in the new world from 1754-1763
- Which planet has extreme temperatures because it has no atmosphere
- Assignment #3 (80 Points) – COSC 5390 –Dr. Leonard BrownDue: April 4, 2013 (atthe beginning of class)Problem DescriptionWrite a java...
- Discussion Memorandum #1 Net Operating Losses The Dam Tubing Company has been in business for approximately 15 years operating a tubing business...
- The Electric Pathway In your future career you will have lots of exposure to the ECG/EKG. It is important that you...
- what division are mosses found in ?