History Reading Assignments (Philadelphia History)cielxxxx
1. Briefly describe who the Friends (aka Quakers) were that settled in the Delaware Valley from 1675-1725. Where were they from, what was their background like? These questions are based on the first 30 pages of the chapter, pp. 419-451.
2. Briefly discuss two or three things that you found interesting between pp. 481-603 about the nature of Quaker family ways, meeting for worship, Quaker belief in magic, education, food, dress, and sport, or other topics. I don't expect you to read all of this.
3. Read pp. 1-10 of Ch. 1, "The Founding, 1681-1701" by Mary Maples Dunn and Richard S. Dunn in Weigley et al, Philadelphia: A 300-Year History and pp. 29-41 in Conn, Ch. 2, "Echoes of William Penn," in Metropolitan Philadelphia: Living with the Presence of the Past. What was unique about Penn's design for Philadelphia? What was he hoping to achieve in his colony and city?
4. Read Ch. 10, 12 and the Epilogue in Moretta, William Penn and the Quaker Legacy. What are some of the issues Penn faced because of his absence from the colony?
Link for first two questions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxoxBMTJemfaSlN4NVBmYjhPZzg/view?usp=sharing
- 6 years ago
- Corporate Subsidies Public policy and its effectiveness
- AED 202 Week 8 Assignment Social and Moral Development
- Need research paper by snday
- i need someone to write me a research paper by monday on how the information technology workplace discrimination takes affect....
- ACC 455 WEEK 1 INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT TAX RETURN POSITION PAPER
- Week 3 app enghanyez only!
- ACC 300 Week 5 Team Assignment Global Environments
- ACC 300 Week 3 Team Assignment problem 4-2A
- ACC 225 Week 6 Problem 5-4A
1. Briefly describe who the Friends (aka Quakers) were that settled in the Delaware Valley from 1675-1725. Where were they from, what was their background like? These questions are based on the first …6 years ago