GEN499 DISCUSSION 3mizmeca15
For this discussion you will address the following prompts:
- Identify two global societal issues from the following list that you would consider researching further for your Week Five Final Argumentative Essay: adult illiteracy, funding for General Education vs STEM in primary and secondary schools, minimum wage, oceans desertification, overcoming the digital divide, refugee (escaping persecution, war, or death) crises, species extinctions (modern), tax havens, Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), universal statement of human rights (pick one), airport security, or wealth disparity.
- Describe effective methods you used in identifying and narrowing down to just one of the two topics to further research for your final essay.
- Explain three ways you can critically analyze sources to determine if they are scholarly and credible.
- For one of the topics chosen, summarize information from at least two peer-reviewed journal articles from the Ashford University Library that will support your claims.
- Explain why scholarly sources should be used to support your writing on the selected topic.
- Download and attach PDF copies of the two articles that you found from the Ashford University Library to your answer using the “Attachments: Add/Remove” function
Prepare: As you prepare to write your response to this discussion assignment, you may want to review the following resources as these will help you in developing a topic:
- Develop a Research Topic- http://library.uncfsu.edu/reference/intro-to-library-research/develop-a-research-topic
- Incorporate Sources into Your Research Paper- http://researchguides.ben.edu/c.php?g=261722&p=1748596
It is also recommended that you review these tutorials from the Ashford University Library:
- Searching in Databases - https://bridgepoint.equella.ecollege.com/curriculum/file/e9d72b19-b0ab-41b9-b69c-f28f2f4e55bc/1/Searching%20in%20Databases%282%29.zip/story.html
- Evaluating Sources - https://bridgepoint.equella.ecollege.com/curriculum/file/4c07db30-5faa-4471-ab12-78e158e28ac0/1/Evaluating%20Sources%20Generic%20%282%29.zip/Evaluating%20Sources%20Generic/story.html
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length, which should include a thorough response to each prompt. You are required to provide in-text citations of applicable required reading materials and/or any other outside sources you use to support your claims. Provide full reference information of all sources cited at the end of your response. Please use correct APA format when writing in-text citations and references.
- 7 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it
DiscussionNOT RATED6 years ago
GEN 499NOT RATED5 years ago