Ethics unit 2ndnplaya1
Many of the major contributors to ethical theory were described in your Chapter 1 eGuide. Your project assignment is to select one of the major contributors listed on the next page and prepare a written project. Select one of the major contributors listed below and write a 2-3 page paper addressing the below topics and questions. Major contributors •John Locke: http://www.philosophypages.com/ph/lock.htm •Immanuel Kant: http://www.philosophypages.com/ph/kant.htm •John Stuart Mill: http://www.philosophypages.com/ph/mill.htm •John Rawls: http://www.philosophypages.com/dy/r.htm#rawl Introduction In one or two paragraphs, describe the person and his background. Ethical Theories State the theorist’s contribution to ethical theory and the significance of the theory to our study of ethical decision making and ethical performance. Apply the person's theory to a recent event in the news using current newspapers, periodicals such as Time, Newsweek, or others. •How would the ethical issue taken from current news/periodicals be resolved or categorized using the theory? To find an ethical issue in the news, go to the following websites: •http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/business/specials/corporateethics/ •http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/e/ethics/index.html •http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=ethical+dilemma&btnG=Search+News Conclusion and Recommendation •Based on your research, what can you conclude about the person and his contribution to ethical theory? •In your opinion, why is a study of ethics important to today's business and government world? Note: You may conduct your own search using the Library or an Internet source engine, but be sure to cite your sources. Prepare your report in APA format citing source material in the body of the text and listing your references at the end of the document. Before you submit your assignment, you should save your work on your computer in a location and with a name that you will remember. Make sure your assignment is in the appropriate format (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or other), then, when you are ready, you may submit on the Dropbox page.
- 9 years ago
- in brick lane comment on nazneen's metamorphses from a young girl to a New woman
- tax memorandum on taxable reward of lawsuit
- Compare and Contrast Biosphere, ecosystem
- The number of unicycles a company sells is a function of the price of the unicycle. What price will...
- the list gives the year of birth for each state governor in the united states in 2007. choose intervals and...
- The port of Manaus became very wealthy in the late 1800's. Explain what caused this port soar economically during...
- British government 4.7% perpetuities pay £4.7 interest each year forever. Another bond, 3.2% perpetuities, pays £3.2 a year forever. What is the value of 4.7% perpetuities if the long-term interest rate is 6.7%? What is the value of 3.2% perpetuities?
- find the value of- 8 + [-35]
- they pay $18 for 12 dozen buttons.How much do 50 dozen buttons cost?
- NOT RATED
Many of the major contributors to ethical theory were described in your Chapter 1 eGuide. Your Project Assignment is to select one of the major contributors listed on the next page and prepare a …7 years ago