English Essay Descriptive writing.mdsbro
For this assignment, you will be writing one paragraph (4-5 sentences) about each of the following topics. Your paragraph should be grammatically correct, well-developed, and highly descriptive. Use fresh, vivid language and examples.
- The beach
- Your room
- A park
- A roller-coaster
- The zoo
- Ice cream
- A football game
- A new car
- Your favorite holiday
- The mall or store
IMPORTANT NOTE: You are not supposed to simply describe these events or places. You need to use descriptive language. Descriptive language is about the words you choose. For example: If I were to write about my cat I could say, “Marley is an orange and white cat that does not have a tail. He likes to sit in my lap and purr.” This is not descriptive language. Even though I have described my cat, I have not used descriptive language. For this assignment I may say, “Marley’s soft pelt is white on his hefty tummy and a smidgeon of orange on his reedy backbone. As is emblematic for felines, Marley adores to coil in my lap and purr while being stroked gently between his ears.”
- 9 years ago
- The table following shows a dynamic implementation of a list of characters. Some of the locations contain a letter, and each...
- 4 datebase management questions
- why and how the material is important and relevant to the course content and what practical managerial implications the material has.
- A block of mass 2 kg is placed on a rough surface. The kinetic friction that acts on the block...
- Why can you use the presence of moisture as evidence that a plant is exchanging gases,or "breathing"?
- 14 for $59.50 how much for each
- An unknown hydrocarbon with the formula C7H12 reacts with one equivalent of H2 over Pd. When the hydrocarbon reacts with...
- Why does Hester Prynne not tell the Puritans who the father of her child is?
- What did Prometheus bestow on humankind?
- Your group will analyze the 2011 performance of Jefferson Industrial Machine by using their 2011 financial statements, and prepare the...