ECO - Five MCQsKnowledgeCats
1. The heights of women aged 20 to 29 follow approximately the N (66.1, 3.5) distribution. Men the same age have heights distributed as N (69.8, 3.2).
What percent of young women are taller than the mean height of young men?
2. Scores on a university exam are Normally distributed with a mean of 78 and a standard deviation of 8. The professor teaching the class declares that a score of 70 or higher is required for a grade of at least “C.”
Using the 68-95-99.7 rule, what percentage of students failed to earn a grade of at least “C”?
3. Scores on the SAT verbal test in recent years follow approximately the N(515, 109) distribution.
Reference: Ref 3-8
The proportion of students scoring at least 600 is closest to
4. Using the standard Normal distribution tables, the area under the standard Normal curve corresponding to –0.5 < Z < 1.2 is
5. A soft-drink machine can be regulated so it discharges an average of μ oz per cup. If the ounces of fill are Normally distributed, with a standard deviation of 0.4 oz, what value should μ be set at so 6-oz cups will overflow only 2% of the time?
- 7 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it