for doctor mitchdrrckmaplnney
You are an administrator of a Florida Gulf Coast beach city and are called into the city manager's office. The city manager explains that because of the recent BP oil spill, commissioners were concerned that if a similar catastrophe resulted in oil washing up on their city beaches, it would devastate the tourism industry and ruin the city financially. The city manager further explains that they have no policies or procedures concerning an oil spill. Therefore, the city manager asks that you prepare a research paper that thoroughly addresses each of the following:
1) What, if any, state and/or federal regulations, codes or administrative rules govern an oil spill of this nature? If certain codes or rules apply, give a detailed analysis of how they apply.
2) Who or what federal, state or local entities would be responsible for protecting the beach if an oil spill was headed their way? Please discuss IN DETAIL each of their respective functions.
3) Who would pay for protecting the beach and who would pay for any of the cleanup?
4) Who would pay for lost revenues to the city and local businesses should they suffer because of oil on the beach?
5) What, if any, legal remedies (lawsuits) could the city take advantage of should the oil reach the beach, and what would you expect the outcome of such lawsuits be?
6) What internal city policies and procedures would you develop to address the city's response should an oil spill happen? I am looking for you to come up with specific rules and policies. Do not copy and paste from sources such as the Coast Guard or Department of Environmental Protection. I want you to come up with original policies and procedures unique for the city. Additionally, give a thorough explanation of why you selected these policies and why you think they would accomplish the goal of protecting the beach community.
7) What costs would be associated with the implementation of the above-referenced policies?
8) Any other concerns you think are appropriate.
The paper should be double-spaced, paginated, and in number 12-point font using Times Roman. The form and style will be found in the Sixth Edition of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA). The paper should include an abstract and 1) a proper Introduction, which describes the focus and purpose of the paper you are writing. It also gives an overview of what is contained in the paper's various sections 2) Discussion section (the body of the paper) 3) Conclusions and 4) Reference page. Be sure to spellcheck all written material. Please save the document using Microsoft Office Word. The paper must be submitted within the dropbox.
Your paper should be between 7-9 pages in length, exclusive of the abstract and reference page. Also, IF YOUR PAPER CONTAINS ANY CUT AND PASTE, EVEN IF CITED, YOU WILL RECEIVE A GRADE OF "F" AS THIS IS PLAGIARISM ACCORDING TO COLLEGE POLICY. ANY USE OF A SOURCE MUST BE IN YOUR OWN WORDS AND PROPERLY CITED IN APA FORMAT. IN ADDITION, NO QUOTES OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED IN THE SUBMISSION. Please see the following for more information: http://www.spcollege.edu/academichonesty/ and APA and Plagiarism
Written assignments shall be subject to the following grading: For one day late, a 25% penalty will apply; for two days late a 50% penalty will apply; for three days late, a 75% penalty will apply; assignments turned in after three days late will not be accepted.
- 5 years ago
Please see the attachments for instructions4 years ago
- NOT RATED
You are an administrator of a Florida Gulf Coast beach city and are called into the city manager's office. The city manager explains that because of the recent BP oil spill, commissioners were …6 years ago