Critical Pedagogy for Social Change: What is the Role of a Teacher?smiley2130
This only has to be 250-275 words...
Critical pedagogy is a process that teachers use to look at educational practices and determine how equitable and effective they are. Critical pedagogy requires teachers to recognize their importance as agents of social change. Teachers who employ critical pedagogy are independent thinkers who make thoughtful decisions based on fact, experience, and personal reflection.
During the videos take note of following topics/themes as they will inform your response:
- Critical pedagogy
- Freire’s love of people
- Freire and people who believe in the future
- Horton’s definition of official education
- Horton’s theory on how to create social change
- Horton’s view on a new perspective
- Role of art/music
- Democracy defined
Address at least three of the points above using the readings and videos to support your response.
Guided Response: Investigate at least two of your classmates’ responses. Discuss with them your commonalities in your responses and highlight the differences that you both present. Next try to build from those differences. As we see in the Horton & Freire (2000) text, discussing differences helps to create more knowledge and ultimately that new understanding can reinforce one’s own knowledge base. Thus, try to achieve this same kind of discourse with your classmates.
Paulo freire -an incredible conversation
Paulo Freire Documentary Seeing Through Paulo's Glasses: Political Clarity, Courage and Humility
Myles Horton - Radical Hillbilly
- 7 years ago
- 375 Assignment is due Tuesday by 3pm EST. ZERO Plagiarism include references . NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS
- CS101 Final Exam
- Security testing software Evaluation
- FINA 310 unit 4 IP
- Paula Hog
- Assignment: Categorizing Fallacies / CRT 205 week 5
- An Identification of the Accounting Concept Involved
- ACC 548 Week 3 Individual Assignment Text Problem Sets
- Development and Training Paper Week 3 Team Paper
- Hot New Café budget