This discussion forum examines common mistakes made when developing assessments for online learning and how to avoid those mistakes. Respond to the following and, if appropriate, include personal experience as part of your answers.
Read the following scenario:
Mr. Castro teaches “Introduction to Word Processing” in a vocational school, and here are the three most critical objectives:
- Explain common uses for word processing applications.
- Describe methods for inserting graphics, headers and footers, page numbers, and a table of contents.
- Identify the best way to ensure consistent formatting throughout a document.
Mr. Castro graded students based on weekly homework assignments (10% of the grade), two projects (30% of the grade), weekly discussion posts (10% of the grade), and a final exam (50% of the grade).
More than half of the students received a “C” or lower on the final exam, and because it was a large percentage of their grade, they received a low grade for the course.
Address the following questions
- Looking at the objectives and the breakdown of the point in the course, what mistakes did Mr. Castro make (either in defining or measuring the objectives) that impacted or prevented each of those students' ability to use a word processor in real world situations?
- Based on the mistakes you identified, what suggestions do you have for resolving them? What suggestions might you make to ensure that the procedural assessment strategies aligned with the learning outcomes?
- 7 years ago
- Managerial Accounting
- BUSI forums week6
- Data Collection Forms.
- i need help with bism communication, research paper.
- space managerment stretegies of services organization 450 words
- Which equation represents âfifteen more than r is sixty-oneâ?
- develop a prototype to display the financial results of a public company
- Statistics assignment wk 2 -1
- Using the research question and two variables your learning team developed for Week 2