(1) Read the CNN article "Ending Rape on Campus: Activism Takes Several Forms" in this week's Notes Folder. In a coherent, focused paragraph of 10 or more sentences, identify and discuss at least one example of each rhetorical appeal (logos, ethos, pathos, and kairos) that the author uses. Think about the other information you learned from reading the notes for this week and identify and discuss at least one logical fallacy that the author uses. Are there any exaggerated uses of the rhetorical appeals? Explain and discuss. Is the argument effective? Be sure to explain why or why not.
(2) Explain how you can use each of the rhetorical appeals to support an argument about any topic you find interesting. How would you use rhetorical appeals to begin to develop your evidence for argument? How would you combine appeals to get someone to accept your argument?
- 7 years ago
- Mr.Wallace(teach, teaches) science, but they (teach, teaches) math.
- Help with computer discussion homework
- Use the data set in the Problem Set Data document. The data is in Excel format. The first tab of the spreadsheet lists the data, and the second tab is a key to the labeling of the data. (Note: This is the same data set used for the exercises in Modules Si
- MHA 616
- Fin 550
- Technical Writer needed for Software Testing Manual
- D1and D2 Week 3 Jam007
- ACC 551 Midterm INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING II
- BSOP 429 Final Exam 1