Case Analysis and Report Resourcessmartwork
Case Analysis and Report Resources
· Case Analysis and Report Scoring Guide.
· APA Style and Format.
· Unified Crime Reporting Statistics.
Access the Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics Web site, linked in Resources. Select the state in which you were born or one in which you live now. If you are an international student, choose a state which interests you. Download all available data for the number of violent crimes, number of property crimes, violent crime rates, and property crime rates for the years 1960 through 2012.
Practical Application Scenario
Using the data, provide an analysis of the data set to include the following:
1. 1. Provide overall descriptive statistics including measures of center (mean, median, and mode where appropriate) and dispersion (standard deviation, variance, and range). Provide one example of each of the following graphs: histogram and boxplot. Provide a scatterplot of violent crimes by year as well as property crimes by year. Interpret all statistics and graphs.
2. 2. Build a 95 percent confidence interval for the mean murder and non-negligent manslaughter rate. Interpret it.
3. 3. Conduct a hypothesis test to see if the mean property crime rates for 1960 through 1981 (collectively) are different from the mean property crime rates from 1982 through 2012 (collectively).
4. 4. What, if any, ethical issues should concern you in conducting your research?
Complete your report in a Word document (submitted as a .docx file), including relevant tables and graphics you need to support your findings. Place your tables and graphics within the text and be sure to clearly title them. Your tables and graphics must be legible and suitable for inclusion in a management report.
Before you submit your assignment to your instructor for grading, submit a final version of your paper to Turnitin.
Assignments must be submitted to the assignments area for grading. Work e-mailed or otherwise presented cannot be graded in accordance with Capella grading standards. Refer to the scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assessment.
- 4 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it
- NOT RATED
Access the Uniform Crime Reporting Statistics Web site, linked in Resources. Select the state in which you were born or one in which you live now. If you are an international student, choose a state …4 years ago