Assessment Task 2: Business Analysis
Due date:Soft copy of the assignment is due on sunday21May 2017, 12pm AEST. Presentation due in week 11 or 12 on a first come first serve basis. The schedule for the presentations will be decided in week 9.
This task is worth 30% of your final mark. It is to be completed individually. You need to submit the names of the students that is in your group to your tutor for approval.
Your report should be between 2500 - 3000words excluding the diagrams that is required for this assignment.
The aim of this assignment is to demonstrate your understanding of business analysis and the nature of business problems in an organisational context.
The learning outcomes covered by this task include:
· The cognitive skills and ability to identify, analyse and evaluate the nature and characteristics of business information systems problems and their organisational contexts
· The cognitive skills and ability to identify, analyse and evaluate the primary causes of organisational problems rather than secondary symptoms and tertiary effects
· The cognitive skills and ability to exercise information systems analysis within complex organisational contexts and articulate the implications of this to business and information analysis practice
· Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of some of the major, contemporary organisational problem solving methodologies, and their application to business analysis and information analysis
· The cognitive skills and ability to identify, analyse and evaluate contemporary issues and problems associated with information requirements analysis in an organisational context
· The cognitive skills and practical ability to use appropriate tools and techniques (including software) to support different problem solving and analytical approaches
· The ability to demonstrate appropriate communications skills in articulating ideas, opinions, knowledge synthesis and arguments both in verbal and written form
You are required to act as the business analyst working for Selvi at Kinky Feet. You have been asked by Selvi to do the following:
1. Apply ETHICS to the case study
2. Apply SSM to this case study. You are required to perform steps 3 – 7 from one stakeholder perspective.
3. Identify what role the business analyst will play in addressing the problem(s). What are the issues and challenges that the business analyst will face while analysing the problem for system development?
4. Contrast agile systems development with any of the other methods (e.g. Ethics, SSM) to illustrate how it can address the issues you have identified in the section 1. It is important that you distinguish between analysis and design to do the contrast. To address this requirement the group must develop a 3 - 5 minute video.
The report will be assessed on the following criteria:
How completely were ETHICS applied? Have the problems been appropriately described to capture the essence of the methodology and the case study?How effective does the ETHICS analysis capture the issues in the case study.
How completely were SSM applied? Have the problems been appropriately described to capture the essence of the methodology and the case study? How effective does the SSM analysis capture the issues in the case study.
Role of the business analyst
Have the key stakeholders been identified for the case study?
AGILE comparison (Video)
Have the appropriate aspects of AGILE and the other methodology been compared? How appropriate are the descriptions of the comparison between AGILE and SSM or ETHICSbeen conducted?
How well was the analysis of the case study conveyed in the presentation?
Was the layout, referencing and word count performed at University level.
- 4 years ago
Purchase the answer to view it