BestCare HMO Statement of Operations and Change in Net Assets Year Ended June 30, 2004 (in thousands) Revenue: Premiums earned $26,682 Co-insurance 1,689 Interest and other income...whitney727
Based on the information below answer the two questions. 1. Perform a Du Pont analysis on BestCare. Assume that the industry average ratios are as follows: Total margin- 3.8% Total asset turnover- 2.1 Equity multiplier- 3.2 Return on equity- 25.5% 2. Calculate and interpret the following ratios for BestCare: Industry Average Return on assets- 8.0% Current ratio- 1.3 Days cash on hand- 41 days Average collection period- 7 days Debt ratio- 69% Debt-to-equity ratio- 2.2 Times interest earned ratio- 2.8 Fixed asset turnover ratio- 5.2 BestCare HMO Statement of Operations and Change in Net Assets Year Ended June 30, 2004 (in thousands) Revenue: Premiums earned $26,682 Co-insurance 1,689 Interest and other income 242 Total revenue $28,613 Expenses: Salaries and beneп¬Ѓts $15,154 Medical supplies and drugs 7,507 Insurance 3,963 Provision for bad debts 19 Depreciation 367 Interest 385 Total expenses $27,395 556 Healthcare Finance Net income $ 1,218 Net assets, beginning of year $ 900 Net assets, end of year $ 2,118 BestCare HMO Balance Sheet June 30, 2004 (in thousands) Assets Cash and cash equivalents $ 2,737 Net premiums receivable 821 Supplies 387 Total current assets $ 3,945 Net property and equipment $ 5,924 Total assets $ 9,869 Liabilities and Net Assets Accounts payableвЂ“medical services $ 2,145 Accrued expenses 929 Notes payable 141 Current portion of long-term debt 241 Total current liabilities $ 3,456 Long-term debt $ 4,295 Total liabilities $ 7,751 Net assets (equity) $ 2,118 Total liabilities and net assets $ 9,869
- 10 years ago
- Bicycle is 499 originally , plus tax it's 526 what is the percent of the tax
- ECON224-1201A-21 Macroeconomics Assignment Name: Unit 4 Individual Project Deliverable Length: 3–4 pages Details: As an employee of the World Bank, you have been...
- 10 notes about exodus, passover
- Find 2 matching pairs of expressions: A) 1 + 2m + 3 B) 2 + m...
- What type of collection vehicle would be used in a community of 12,000?
- Research the Exxon Valdez and Prince William Sound Case Answer the following questions: What has happened to the key players...
- a river is rising at a rate of 3 inches per hour.if the river rises more than 2 feet,it will...
- what is the largest organ in the body?
- list 3 objects you have right now that can be made from renewable resources